FS - Canon PowerShot G9 + Patima PDCH-G9 Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SFLDiver3445

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I love my Canon G9 and Patima Housing, but I've since upgraded to a Canon SLR, it's finally time to part with my previous setup.

I've owned and shot with this camera and housing for several years. The housing shows wear, but still in perfect working order. A few months ago I had the housing serviced and the back display cover replaced at Reefphoto (Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros). - The housing has not been in the water since. The glass on the two ports (close-up and wide-angle) are in great shape. The camera has a tiny scratch on the display (It's been there since the day I bought it), but it is not noticeable when the display is turned on.

Here's some info regarding the Camera:

* 12.1 Mega Pixel
* 3" LCD Pure Color Display
* 6X Optical Zoom
* 4X Digital Zoom
* Shoots in Raw

Here's a link to detailed info about the G9:
http://www.usa.canon...hot_g9#Overview

Here's some info regarding the housing:

The Patima PDCH-G9 underwater housing controls all of the camera's levers, dials and buttons. The camera is ergonomically designed to control almost the entire camera with the users right hand. The is constructed of solid aluminum and is depth rated to 120 meters (nearly 400 feet).

The housing comes with two ports: an exclusive wide-angle port and a basic port. Both ports are threaded to accept the use of 67mm threaded external wet lenses (not included). The external wet lenses can be easily attached to the ports both above and below the water. The Canon G9 camera takes excellent pictures underwater, and with the use of the external wet lenses, it's performance can be SERIOUSLY enhanced.

Strobes can be attached to the housing, both via the Nikonos 5-pin bulkhead located on the side of the housing or via the fiber-optic cable adapter located on the front of the housing.

The housing has never been flooded, and with the exception of the aforementioned wxternal signs of wear, is in excellent condition. Don't let the sear on the outside of the housing put you off, as this an EXTREMELY solid aluminum constructd housing, that appears as though it was designed to survive a nuclear blast.

Here's a link to more info about the housing:
http://patimahousing.com/

Asking $550 for the package:
  • Canon PowerShot G9 Camera
  • Original box
  • Owner's Manual
  • Charger
  • Original Canon Battery + 3 Aftermarket Batteries (Japanese Cell)
  • USB Interface Cable
  • Canon Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM

• Patima PDCH-G9 Housing
  • Owner's Manual
  • 2 ports (basic and wide angle)
  • Complete O-Ring Kit
  • Patima O-Ring Grease
Paypal is accepted and buyer pays shipping.

Here's a few photos of the actual camera and housing, and some photos I took using this camera:
MG_4043_Final_Edit_.JPG

IMG_4002_Final_Edit_.JPG

MG_4025_Final_Edit_.JPG

MG_4022_Final_Edit_.JPG

MG_4066_Final_Edit_.JPG

MG_4050_Final_Edit_.JPG

IMG_4005_Final_Edit_.JPG

IMG_49642.JPG

Anchient_Mariner_-_Scubatyme_06-17-2008_052aa_-_Resized.jpg

Bahamas_Lionfish_09-17-2008_2403a_Resized_.jpg

Camera and housing tentatively sold...pending payment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom