Frying Pan Tower

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frank Belvin Sr.

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anybody dove there? What's it like? Does anybody have any recommendations on boats for hire to get me there? Lastly, what's the rough price that it would cost for RT boat transportation? Thanks folks!

I went to dive Frying Pan Tower with Cape Fear Divers 5 or 6 years ago.It was a great dive site.As I recall it's not a very deep dive.I think maybe 50-60 ft.I saw a large school of jacks cobia spadefish ect.Beautiful soft coral in shallow trenches around the tower.I would definitely go back.

I went to dive Frying Pan Tower with Cape Fear Divers 5 or 6 years ago.It was a great dive site.As I recall it's not a very deep dive.I think maybe 50-60 ft.I saw a large school of jacks cobia spadefish ect.Beautiful soft coral in shallow trenches around the tower.I would definitely go back.

What about your transportation there? Who would you recommend that I use? I'd like to avoid the expensive helicopter ride if at all possible.

Do a search for the Wilmington/Carolina Beach dive shops and check their websites for scheduled trips to the Tower. That'll give you an idea of cost/dates. I used to run a lot of spearfishing trips out there before I retired from the charter business; nice spots from about 30ft up on the shoals to deep ledges down to 150ft. Vis is normally great but the current can be ripping, especially around a full moon.

We're planning on taking my friend's boat there some time this summer to dive and/or fish. He's been out there a couple times and has stayed at the tower.

Back
Top Bottom