Frustrated with Aqualung Titan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lopez116

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm trying to replace the hose on my wife's Titan (not LX) apparently the proprietary fitting prevents an easy hose swap. Anybody know of a way to replace the hose???

Should just be 2 wrenches.....can you post a pic? I Assume second stage.

Is it the tool free reversible Titan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a standard fitting.

N

This isn't my reg, but it looks like this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446429713.054451.jpg

I knew they had that connection on some of the calypso's but didnt know they were on the titan too. Supposedly there is an adaptor. I have no experience with it...

Amazon.com : Aqua Lung Quick Connect Hose Adapter Titan : Sports & Outdoors

Yup. That's what I bought. The adapter doesn't fit a standard regulator hose...

At this point, if I could just buy a new hose with the fitting on it and essentially just ready to screw into the second stage, I would just do it. Not sure if that's possible though.

Seriously? Does Al not sale replacement hoses? I had 2 of the Calypso's but never needed to replace the hose so didn't ask. Have you checked with a dealer?

Seriously? Does Al not sale replacement hoses? I had 2 of the Calapso's but never needed to replace the hose so didn't ask. Have you checked with a dealer?

Not yet. That's on my to-do list tomorrow. Kinda dumb that one needs to go to this length just to replace a hose.

I'm just replacing as a matter of maintenance, not really out of necessity. Probably easier just to upgrade to a shiny new Aqualung reg (sarcasm).

Probably easier just to upgrade to a shiny new Aqualung reg (sarcasm).
Between the money spent on the bogus adaptor and now a hose there is a lot of truth to that. If you could find just a second on ebay...problem solved. Of course if it is just maintinance, I might leave it alone for now but keep an eye open for a future alternative.

The adapter is a standard male fitting. You purchase a new hose and screw the male adapter into the female end of the new hose. Then you attach the adapter to the second stage.

I thought the adapter was supplied as part of the original assembly and that you remove/pull back the outer covering. Hmmm, apparently you have to purchase the adapter as well. If so, that is a bit unfortunate.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom