frustrated...sea & sea DX-860G battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pidus

Reaction score
ok,

i'm at my wits end.....i have the sea & sea dx-860G camera and i've been looking for a new battery.....the battery that came with the camera swelled up from being in the charger too long and will not slide into the battery compartment of the camera.....i've done soooo many searches online to find a new battery with no luck, i've tried camera stores, online retailers, e-bay, and still no luck, i've called the support dept of sea & sea and they can sell me 1 for $40.....there must be somewhere out there that sells the battery for that camera....

the battery is a WGL-0101, 3.7V 750mAh

why can't i find this battery?

does anyone out there have any suggestions for drop in replacements or vendors that carry the battery? any help would be appreciated.....

thanks

After a little internet research, dimensions match Fuji NP-40. Maybe you can find one of those locally. The contacts might not be the same.

aren't S&S's rebadged Ricoh cameras?

edit: oops, seems S&S has switched from Ricoh to some other OEM (Lesca?)

Pidus, FYI Amazon site has that battery (sold by Divers Direct?)

http://www.amazon.com/Sea-REPLACEMENT-BATTERY-FOR-DX-860G/dp/B000RGR898

and so does Adorama.com

http://www.adorama.com/SSNP40.html

edit: now if this is indeed the same as the Fuji NP-40, you might be able to find a cheaper generic brand battery, like Powersmart. Do a google or check those online battery shops.
http://www.powersmartenergy.com.hk/...d/527?osCsid=6c33c6461374fb1c6ed86daad1f7434d

Further research says the cross matching batteries are Pentax DL-18 and Fuji NP-40. Readily available for $7 or $8. Found a German outfit on the internet that sells a Japanese battery replacement for the WGL-0101 and they cross referenced their battery as a DL-18. That one also cross references to the NP-40. You should be able to find one or the other locally, otherwise the Pentax and Fuji versions are all over the internet. Better to find and compare though, if you can.

OMG!!!!.......

that is awesome work......especially the amazon listing, i tried them also and nothing for me.......i actually found the german site, unfortunately my linguist ability in german is about as good as my underwater breathing skills without scuba gear.....so i had no clue what i was reading......someone pm'd me to check leisurepro.com at first my search did not yield anything (because they don't stock them), so i called them today as a shot in the dark and they gave me an item number and told me to place the order and they'll order it directly from s&s for me.......so hopefully i'll get them in a couple of days.....

i'll try those other generic battery packs also, if they work then perfect, if not then it's only $7 out of my pocket.....

whatever you decide to charge me for your research services will be too little:wink:

thanks for the great feedback.....

if you're ever in the fort lauderdale area and need a dive buddy, give me a shout.....

Back
Top Bottom