Frugal Folks Please Help (Bolt Snaps)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

350xfire

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
OK, cheap bastards like me please help... I need to make a stage rigging and would like to know the best source for stainless bolt snaps. In looking at this, these are the most expensive parts and if I am going to spend $10+ for each of them, I might as well buy the complete set from Dive Rite or someone else. Leisure Pro has them for $30.

So, is there a place to get them for, lets say, $5 or so. I would like the large type of bolt snap. I think 4.75 in.

Thanks

I got mine from Lowe's or Home Depot where I get all such HW. Never any problem with the SS HW. Brass HW usually has SS springs but not always.

Thanks, I'll check them out tomorrow

Thanks pack!!! Damn, those are cheap

Nix Dog Collars

Cheap as, good range, all stainless.

Recent customer. Prompt and gracious service dealing with a shipping issue. Snaps appears high quality and the size I was looking for.

In the last 12 months I wore out 27 cheap "stainless" snaps and needed to keep them lubed to prevent corrosion, while I had one marine grade stainless that lasted through every dive. To me cheap weren't worth it.

Regards,
Cameron

Last edited:
Does someone else have trouble getting that link to work or is this at my end?

Being this a thread as old as it is, yeah, the link doesn't work. Northernone -- seemingly more experienced than either of us -- probably has been familiar in the past. However, my Google-fu is pretty good. They're probably talking about this site:

Diving Snaps

Being this a thread as old as it is, yeah, the link doesn't work. Northernone -- seemingly more experienced than either of us -- probably has been familiar in the past. However, my Google-fu is pretty good. They're probably talking about this site:

Diving Snaps

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom