Frozen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

=C=

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
The third planet (a smaller one but a nice blue hu
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hello Internets,

Last weekend we finished up some cold weather diving -3C. and in my hurry to get into the warm I left my Tri-lam suit in the car, which is normally not a big deal... Well temps plummeted into the -20's and my suit stands by itself.

Has anyone else had something like this happen? I'm slow thawing in 0 deg then I plan on taking it into the house to warm it back up. Do you think the latex seals will survive? I had a wet SMB in my pocket and the pocket is a solid rock of ice.. :(

The seals and seams won't be your issue. What you may want to center your concern is was there enough moisture and water in your inflator & exhaust valve where ice could have developed to the point of expanding and cracking the seals or damaged the return springs.

After it dries out good you may want to suit up and work the valves several times.

Good luck

As a follow up, the seals are stiff and brittle when frozen. The deep freeze did have an effect on the seals somehow as now they are brittle at lower temps (above freezing). The valves are fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom