frozen neoprene

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used my 3mm. dive gloves while building a snow cave. They were plenty warm and had a lot better dexterity than my snow gloves. Problem was when I took ‘em off they froze solid.

Trust me, when that happens you ARE NOT going to put ‘em back on, even if you want too.

Mine stayed frozen over night, and it didn’t seem to hurt ‘em any. The snow caving trip was about 5 years ago, and they are still going strong.

Oh, and maybe I should mention that my '3mm dive gloves' are actually $6.00 WalMart fishing gloves. If they can survive, expensive LDS neoprene should be unphased.

O2BBubbleFree:
Oh, and maybe I should mention that my '3mm dive gloves' are actually $6.00 WalMart fishing gloves. If they can survive, expensive LDS neoprene should be unphased.

I own a pair of 5mm neo fishing gloves that I've had for almost 20 years. I carefully store them in my garage in Texas where they undergo freezing temps in the winter and the ungodly TX summer heat.

The key issue is air cell integrity. I would think that as long as the temperature changes aren't extreme and rapid and you are not mechanically abusing the material, you should be ok.

Not that I know of just remember defrost and enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom