Frontpage help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just got a router so I can go online with my laptop and see that my website on this bi(wider) page is a bit short.

If I change it to fit the bigger screens I will have to scroll with the computer with the smaller screen.

What are the best measurements for the page?

The "right" answer is to make the page fit any screen..

justleesa:
I just got a router so I can go online with my laptop and see that my website on this bi(wider) page is a bit short.

If I change it to fit the bigger screens I will have to scroll with the computer with the smaller screen.

What are the best measurements for the page?

Instead of using Pixel width, set the page width to be a percentage (usually less than 100% to give a little white area around the page, and for monitors that aren't scoped in correctly).

paulwall:
Instead of using Pixel width, set the page width to be a percentage (usually less than 100% to give a little white area around the page, and for monitors that aren't scoped in correctly).
Thanks Paul, I'll try that!

Haha, I didn't have time to look at your source and I have no experience with Frontpage. I trusted that someone else would come along with more useful info, but it's always a bad idea to set page with in absolute numbers because of the variability of screen resolutions :)

No idea where it would be in Frontpage, but in your HTML source I see:

width="1100"

in the table tab. Change it to width="100%" and see what happens.

justleesa:
ok, Just looked and can't find a % setting. Where is that hidden?
I don't do Frontpage but you can do this with any text editor.

45 lines down in your index.htm file is this line:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="#000000" width="1100" height="755">

Just change the width="1100" to width="100%" and save it. Then upload the new page to your webspace.

I'd use 100% for the value since your background is black, otherwise you'll have a white border around the page. But you can make it anything you'd like.

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom