Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blowtorch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

My name is Yohanes and just registered a few minutes ago. I'm currently helping my father Herman Mayor owner of Daroyen Village (www.daroyenvillage.com) in answering emails inquiry about out accommodation and diving operation.

I just want to say thank you for the opportunity to join this forum.

Hello and welcome. Any chance you guys are hiring any instructors (in october)? lol. It would be a dream to work in raja ampat. :D

Haha....anyway, glad to have you here and hope to hear the great things from your underwater world.

Hi Musicgirl,

We are still very small operation with maximum capacity 14 divers and only offer fun dives. My suggestion is to contact Liveaboard that go to Raja Ampat. The high season in Raja Ampat usually between November - February and sometimes they need guide/instructor in their team.

Thank you!

Hi Yohanes. Welcome to SB.

Question for you:
Would you provide a private boat transportation from & to Sorong?

Hi Yohanes. Welcome to SB.

Question for you:
Would you provide a private boat transportation from & to Sorong?

Hi Dan_T,

I am sorry to say we don't provide private boat transportation from and to Sorong. Mainly, because the cost to rent a boat and fuel is high compare to what we charge to our guests for a one week of diving. The private boat cost around IDR 9 - 13 million depending on the size of the boat. This make it inefficient because the guests will have to pay a lot of money just to get to Daroyen.

Instead, we use ferry and then pick up from Waisai for the benefit of the guests. guest only need to pay IDR 150,000/person for the ferry ticket instead of million per person if we use speedboat. Ferry is also more comfortable and safer during bad weather. Ferry Sorong - Waisai and return service has improved a lot latetely. Ferry schedule now available everyday at 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM. If you arrive with morning 7:00 AM flight you can aboard the 9:00 AM ferry, arrive in Waisai around 10:30 AM and already in your bungalow around 11:30 AM and can still make a check dive on the first day you arrive.

Do you know there is a direct flight to Raja Ampat started this year? If you arrive to Indonesia via Singapore to Manado, you can fly direct to Waisai, Raja Ampat and skip Sorong entirely. More information on how to get here; Daroyen Village Raja Ampat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom