From Cape Town, ZA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SHiBBY

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Guys,

My name is Martin, and I live in Cape Town, South Africa. I just moved down here five months ago from Pretoria (Gauteng, far from any coast) where I have been my entire life. When I was young we used to visit my grandparents in KZN every year and I remember thinking how awesome it would be to live there, and now, finally, I was able to make that a reality!

I have always been fascinated by the ocean and diving just seemed like the best way to embrace it. I promised myself that if I ever lived close to the coast, that I would take up diving, and, well, here I am! I have spent every waking minute and unallocated Rand towards getting my own scuba gear, and have now reached the point where I'm a BCD away from being all kitted up!

I have a particular interest in photo-/videography and pursue this with a GoPro. I also have a unhealthy obsession with gadgets, including but not limited to basically everything you use to support underwater survival, hence my love for scuba diving. I'm a keen DIY supporter and enjoy fabricating and altering things to suit my need.

Glad to be part of you forum!

Happy Diving!

Martin

Great to see another Cape Town diver on this forum.

Welcome!!

Great to see another Cape Town diver on this forum.

Welcome!!

Haha thanks! I was browsing through a load of scuba forums looking for the most active one, and this seemed to be it! I didn't look for ZAF members though so it's nice to actually see some fellow Capetonians on here! You can never have enough dive buddies! :D

---------- Post Merged at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Bam! Group time!

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/groups/cape+town+divers.html

Join ye brethren!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom