From Canada, might visit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Josh2934

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hi, i'm from canada and i'm thinking about coming down to NC. i was just wondering if there were any good shore dives around there? i'll take some charters but that gets pricey before long. i had Wilmington in mind, just because it sounds like it might be a good party. am i wrong on that account? is there somewhere else that has good diving and is a good party city too? i'd appreciate any advice. thanks.

There aren't many reliable shore dives in NC. There are a few near Nags Head, a couple around Morehead/Beaufort, and 1 or 2 near Wilmington. They tend to be a lot of work for so-so conditions.....nothing like the first class diving you will find offshore on a charter. I dive them, and enjoy it, but I wouldn't do it if I traveled any distance and a charter was available.

If you're going to make the trip to NC, bring money for the boat ride.

Wilmington will have much more in terms of night life than any place along the NC coast. It's not Seattle or anything, but it's what we got :wink:

I second that. If you come all this way, you should really consider the boat dives instead if they are in your skills set and comfort. If you search this forum you will find (massive) amounts of advice on who, what, when, how etc.

You can shore dive Radio Island in Beaufort, NC at slack tide and no guarantee of viz. We train students there also.

Back
Top Bottom