From a resort in Mactan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alc16

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi!

I'm heading to Malapasuca in a week's time with a dive party for a few days of getting wet. It's my annual dive trip so i'm really looking forward to this.

Upon departure i'll be staying in Mactan for 2 extra days whilst the rest of the party return to their home countries. Now, I know I probably should see things in Cebu however i'm curious about doing a further day dive trip because where i'm staying advertises day trips to Cabilao or Balicasag.

If you were to go to one or the other, which location & why?
Or should I be cultured and just do tourist activities in Cebu? I'll be on my own so very flexible. Also, anyone know how Scotty's Dive are as an operator?

I forgot to mention this is the first hol in the Philippines....I really don't know the country & its dive sites!

Cheers!

if you are in to critters go to cabilao.
imho one of the best dive sites in the phil's
or even better skip macton and transfer to cabilao for to days. stay at polaris, dive with bobet from estrella you can do an other 6 to 8 dives ;-)

cabilao and balicasag are in bohol and a bit of a distance from cebu for a daytrip. be sure to ask the itinerary and judge for yourself if its not too tiring.

i suggest you dive Hilutungan Marine Sanctuary. it's just ~30 mins away from Mactan :D

Thanks for the suggestion folks!

I do have to stay in the hotel on Mactan as it's all booked and because they offered those trips I was thinking of taking them. The dive operator affiliated to the hotel just replied they may have a trip on the 19th (just after I leave :D) but that's too late.

So it seems a shame to sit my butt by the hotel pool for 2 days unless....
- what are the recommended dive operators on Mactan? I'm actually quite flexible and wouldn't mind a single day trip provided it's pretty chilled out!

try to contact bubuy mancao of liquid assets. he can take you to hilutungan and nalusuan islands. both great wall dives. he's got a pretty relaxed operation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom