Friends of Brad Nolan Support Fund

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
As many in the industry already know, Brad Nolan suffered a stroke a couple of weeks ago. If you don't know Brad, he's the force behind the US Dive Shows which produces a number of consumer dive shows across the nation like the one we are at here in Baltimore.

The good news is that Brad is already beginning the long process of recovery. His right side was paralysed, but he has already taken his first steps and even his first walk. His speech and lucidity are improving daily and we are greatly encouraged by his courage and tenacity. You just can't keep Brad down!

There is also good news in that Glen has competently taken the Dive Show ball and is not only making it work, but is doing an AWESOME job. There won't be any cancellations and the coming shows will still be awesome. I'll see you in Texas!

The bad news is that Brad did not have insurance. Like many small buisnessmen feeling the pinch of this economy, Brad sacrificed his safety net in order to keep the show going. That's where we need YOUR HELP and generosity to assist Brad. We are expecting his hospital bills to exceed $200,000 so David Nolan, Brad's father has set up a PayPal account to accept donations. You can also look for a number of entities like Explorer Ventures, Dan and Aqua Lung to provide travel and product for auction, raffle or whatever fun thing we can think of to raise money for Brad. Private donors like Dan and Betty Orr will be donating so that we can help out Brad, who has done an awfully lot to help out the dive community. We need you to join us!

Please PayPal your donations to Gravel42@me.com

I am Brad Nolan Dad, Just got off the phone with him He sound better and his spirit are up , he took 20 small step with is big thing. Want to thank everyone for there Prays, I just got out of the Hospital myself and cannot travel. Lorraine his mother is down there with him I will keep you update Dave

For those of you who may wish to send Brad well wishes & cards
or contribute to his mounting hospital expenses and rehabilitation, below is the company address:
Brad Nolan
US Dive Shows
1323 SE 17th Street #308
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

I know he and his family would enjoy reading the cards. Please keep him in your prayers that he makes a full and speedy recovery.

This one is for you, Brad. Hope you're reading this thread:
[video=youtube;JjfdfU-uaPQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjfdfU-uaPQ[/video]

a hog single tank regulator package for you to auction Pete
As many in the industry already know, Brad Nolan suffered a stroke a couple of weeks ago. If you don't know Brad, he's the force behind the US Dive Shows which produces a number of consumer dive shows across the nation like the one we are at here in Baltimore.

The good news is that Brad is already beginning the long process of recovery. His right side was paralysed, but he has already taken his first steps and even his first walk. His speech and lucidity are improving daily and we are greatly encouraged by his courage and tenacity. You just can't keep Brad down!

There is also good news in that Glen has competently taken the Dive Show ball and is not only making it work, but is doing an AWESOME job. There won't be any cancellations and the coming shows will still be awesome. I'll see you in Texas!

The bad news is that Brad did not have insurance. Like many small buisnessmen feeling the pinch of this economy, Brad sacrificed his safety net in order to keep the show going. That's where we need YOUR HELP and generosity to assist Brad. We are expecting his hospital bills to exceed $200,000 so David Nolan, Brad's father has set up a PayPal account to accept donations. You can also look for a number of entities like Explorer Ventures, Dan and Aqua Lung to provide travel and product for auction, raffle or whatever fun thing we can think of to raise money for Brad. Private donors like Dan and Betty Orr will be donating so that we can help out Brad, who has done an awfully lot to help out the dive community. We need you to join us!

Please PayPal your donations to Gravel42@me.com

It is Sunday, 1/29 and I just spoke with Brad. Do you know what he said? He can't wait to get back to his shows to help the health of the industry. I told him he needs to work on HIS HEALTH. Go figure. Oh well - he's never listened to me before so why should he start now :) He's doing better and he is so very appreciative of the support and care from everyone. Keep thinking and sending your good wishes ... they are working!

I am a member of the Under Sea Adventurers Dive Club in South Florida. We know and admire Brad very much. Please keep the updates coming.

All the best wishes to Brad during his recovery.

To our Scubaboard Friends &Family,

Lorraine and I really appreciate everyone pitching in to spread the word about Brad's health and for your support in raising funds for his rehabilitation.

Your contributions mean that Brad will continue to get the help he needs to recover from this life changing event.
The progress Brad makes every day is simply amazing. The longer he is able to continue therapy means the closer he comes to making a full recovery.

Imagine the look on Brad's face when he finds out how many people have pitched in. Talk about making a huge difference, not just physically, but emotionally too! You can follow his progress by liking the facebook page, "Friends of Brad." Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

You can make a donation two ways:
1. Send a check to:
The Harvard State Bank
Rehabilition Savings Account
Lorraine & Dave Nolan
35 N. Ayer Street
Harvard, IL 60033

2. Through Paypal
www.paypal.com
Click Send Money
Click Send Money Online
Click Send Money Now
Click Friends & Family
Enter the following email address: gravel42@me.com

Again, thanks so much for your well wishes and contributions.

God Bless,
Ma & Pa Nolan

Just wanted to update everyone on Brad's condition. He is still in a rehabilitation center. Walking with the help of aids and a walker. His daily PT sessions tucker him out. Today, he had a brace fitted for his stubborn right foot. Brad's father, Dave has finally been released by his doctors to travel. He will get to Florida on Thursday morning. I wish I was going to be there, to see the reunion!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom