Friday's McKenzie Bight photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another thing, what glove are you guys talking about? ie., where would I buy a pair? What are they called? I keep thinking I should invest in a set of dry gloves and the last couple of people I dove with had rubber industrial gloves that slipped ontop of a ring - I think the Sitech system only without the blue gloves and connecting ring. Much like what I see in swankenstein's photos.

Cheers,
Bill.

The industrial rubber gloves are just heavy duty dishwashing gloves called marigolds...

Rings vary quite a bit from the old style viking rings (Viking Drysuit Details - Dry Gloves)

some use the docking ring systems (sitech, skaana, dc)

Then some people just shove 3" or 4" pvc couplings into the wrist seal and stretch the glove over the outside. Use either a vacuum belt or some electrical tape to hold it on and away you go.

We were on our 60' deco stop when a ling darted up and bit his hand. He described it feeling like a phone book being smashed down on his hand.

Interesting, I got hit by lingcod protecting their eggs but never bitten. I just may wear my gloves on the black side from now on.

Cheers

Al

Heres a few pix of the cheap mans dry glove system...the fittings are 3 1/2" inside diameter...part of a shed 40 fitting not the actual pipe. Sand the edges rounded so they cant catch the latex. Tape a ridge on the fitting to help with holding the glove on. Push the fitting from the inside of the sleeve and find a sweet spot where it wont roll. A heavy elastic or the remnants of a trimmed wrist seal works well for a retainer over the glove. The glue on black tape can deteriorate the latex seal over time.
I have had less problems with this system then my buddy's who have the "factory" systems.

Also the Marigold Industrial gloves are model 173
O

Attachments

• DSCN7733.JPG
    DSCN7733.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN7736.JPG
    DSCN7736.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN7737.JPG
    DSCN7737.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 73
Very cool! Thank you, I hadn't heard of this before.

Cheers,
Bill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom