Friday's (3/19) Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Jody's Reef, 57 feet, South Maui
(All taken in manual mode with external strobe)

Yellowmargin Moray (F5.6 Macro - 1/125)
031904a.jpg

Shortnose Wrasse (F5.0 - 1/125)
031904b.jpg

Me first, no me, no me (F5.0 Macro - 1/100)
031904c.jpg

Crown-of-Thorns (F7 Macro - 1/125)
031904d.jpg

very nice!

thanks for always sharing your pics with us

Fabulous damsels getting cleaned! I find these guys are so hard to get a good shot of - here they like to tuck back into their coral...even hanging around patiently doesn't pay off some days!

I am jealous of you diving so often...I am just back from holidays and totally swamped with work. Don't see a dive in my future until at least next week!!

In the meantime, keep those pics coming so I can live a bit vicariously :)

alcina, yes they are hard to get close to and even when I do they are hard to photograph because of their black and white color. As you can see in the photo the white is somewhat blown out even though the rest of the photo is dark. I find them a real challenge because of their color as drab as it may be.

More amazing shots. The Damsels are cool.

Hey...I may need some strobe help. Ryan sent me a D-180 to use on my trip since mine's in the shop. Very nice, huh? I'll get in the pool with it Sunday, would much rather be where you are to test new gear!

Nice shots G. As always, you continue to amaze. I am also jealous of you diving every day. Wish I could. Oh well. Thanks for sharing. Great pics.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:cool1:

jawfish, I'm still learning.
43.gif

Dee, great deal on the D-180. That's nice of Ryan.

Great pics Gilligan!

I will have to post some of my pics from my recent trip to Kauai.

Does those crown of thorns come in different colors? I think the one I photographed is mostly green.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom