Fridays (1/2) Maui dive photo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubatooth,
I came across the diver border on the web. I made a picture frame with it in Photoshop by altering the size of the divers. The frame in this thread is actually not a frame but a 600 X 450 rectangle with a gray center. In Photoshop I use the magic wand tool to "select" the center gray area, then "select inverse" which only highlights the outer frame portion, then "copy", then "paste" on the photo thus making a frame. I have the design in a few different sizes pre-loaded in Photoshop so it is easily done from the "Action" palette.
If I understand your post you want to make a frame (border) that looks like a strip of 35mm film. You can look for the film as clipart on the web then re-design it in Photoshop or whatever program you are using. Or you can simply create one from scratch.
When you design one make it large enough so as to be able to reduce it proportionetley for different size photos without having to redraw it. For example if you make the original a 640 X 480 it will easily reduce to 600 X 450 or 500 X 375 etc.

Back
Top Bottom