Friday 7/17 - Maclearie Park - Night Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basking Ridge Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
High Tide is at 9:27pm - meet at 8pm-ish?

Maybe. Wasn't planning on this weekend, I'll let you know. I have my heart set on the tides around Aug 1st. Over six feet of tidal change, lots of stuff coming in with all that water...

i am in for a night dive Friday

Maybe. Wasn't planning on this weekend, I'll let you know. I have my heart set on the tides around Aug 1st. Over six feet of tidal change, lots of stuff coming in with all that water...

I should be able to swing both...

Anyone jump in last night? I hit the inlet Thursday night and viz was terrible but I heard water was great yesterday morning. We have some air left over from Thursday nights dive so we opted to do some skills practice in the pool instead

Basking Ridge Diver and I dove there last night. Dove a little over 90 minutes. I still have to download the log so I am not sure of the temp but I think it was 70 deg. Shallow dive with decent vis to 5 or 6 feet. BRD was videoing yellow sea horses (we have proof) and I had the flag in tow. My first night dive so it was good to get the experience and deal with some tasks added in (the line for the flag got wrapped around my fin, my light crapped out, buddy separation).

All in all a great dive and a great dive site. Looks like a return trip Aug 1 or 2 may be in order for those that didn't make it this trip.

Last edited:
Very nice!

Did you light that with your *really expensive* light you found on the net?

Nice visibility, I love it when all the particulate matter is alive. :D

I'm in for the beginning of August, pick and let me know. Maybe post for a meet-up, never know who will show up...

Lets post - a few folks have expressed interest and it is an easy dive for anyone that wants to see some cool critters... Maybe this will be the opportunity for folks to join.

The really bright spots are my Very Expensive dive light... lol and the muted light is a Mako dive light with no hot spots but it is not a bright as I would like...

The really bright spots are my Very Expensive dive light... lol

Oh and here I thought that the really bright spots were from my light
04.gif
(as he goes to buy 4 more D cells for his intermittent light).

Let me know when the expensive dive light goes on sale...I need one by next trip.

Nice vid. Pretty dark in the background!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom