Freshly certified diver from the Netherlands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XfiXit

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone,
I have spend some time leeching information from this forum in preperation and during my OWD course.

Since i got certified yesterday, and some questions start popping up getting my gear together, it seemed time to get an account for the forums.

I'm Ronald, i live in the Netherlands and (plan) to dive with my girlfriend. She was certified 14 years ago, at the age of 14 trough the NOB 1* certification (a dutch certification)

In november we started planning to go on a 2100km roadtrip along the Great Barrier Reef in September this year by camper. She did not dive for about 13 years, and NOB is not really globally known, so we started the OWD course with a local PADI instructor in january.

Ofcourse you all know the stuff with the entire world stalling since march, so our last pool dive and outdoor dives went for the long run. Now, finally being able to dive on our own, ofcourse our Australia roadtrip is long gone and forgotten.

But hey, if i can enjoy the sight of the murky, cold waters in the Netherlands after my first few dives (never ever thought i would), i bet i can dive anyplace anywhere when the covidtrain has passed by.

Greetings,
X

Welcome! Be sure to visit detheWestern Europe part of the board...there is a Dutch thread too!

Where do you dive locally? If you ever visit De Beldert, let me know, its about 15 mins from me, so do all my diving there for now.

Hello everyone,
I have spend some time leeching information from this forum in preperation and during my OWD course.

Since i got certified yesterday, and some questions start popping up getting my gear together, it seemed time to get an account for the forums.

I'm Ronald, i live in the Netherlands and (plan) to dive with my girlfriend. She was certified 14 years ago, at the age of 14 trough the NOB 1* certification (a dutch certification)

In november we started planning to go on a 2100km roadtrip along the Great Barrier Reef in September this year by camper. She did not dive for about 13 years, and NOB is not really globally known, so we started the OWD course with a local PADI instructor in january.

Ofcourse you all know the stuff with the entire world stalling since march, so our last pool dive and outdoor dives went for the long run. Now, finally being able to dive on our own, ofcourse our Australia roadtrip is long gone and forgotten.

But hey, if i can enjoy the sight of the murky, cold waters in the Netherlands after my first few dives (never ever thought i would), i bet i can dive anyplace anywhere when the covidtrain has passed by.

Greetings,
X

Hello! Welcome to Scubaboard, we're looking forward to seeing your contributions and questions.

Welcome to ScubaBoard and thank you for joining the forum. Congratulations on getting certified.

Good to have you! I wish I had a diving girlfriend :daydream:
The Netherlands is a good place to gain some experience, you should definitely look to diving in Zeeland if you haven't yet! It's where I have and will be diving for the rest of the year since my vacation to South Africa, surprise :rolleyes: , is also cancelled. I find this place is beautiful nevertheless, just in a different way.
You'll find good advice here, dive safe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom