Fresh Water Diver in the Peugeot Sound - Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quarrior

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
First I'd like to thank NWGratefulDiver for not only the invitation to come up and see what there was to see in the ocean, but also for opening up his house to me and loaning me gear so I didn't have to carry all of my own.

I got to meet and dive with some really great folks, UnclePug, OE2X, Kalvyn, Tbone and a couple of non-SB divers. OE2X took us out on his boat on one day. The decompression pills on the boat really helped.

NWGratefulDiver did a great job of helping me with DS diving. My skills improved significantly while I was up there.

In total I did 7 dives over the 4 days I was able to dive. I had to cancel one dive due to jet lag which resulted in me getting chilled enough I didn't think it advisable to back in the water.

Overall conditions were normal for Seattle this time of year. Air temps in the 40sF and water temps a balmy 51F on average.

I was able to see quite a few critters that I don't get to see in the lakes and quarries I normally dive in. Things like the Giant Pacific Octopus, which didn't want to come out and play, thus no pictures of it, oh well maybe next time. Several Anemones (picture below), various Star Fish (picture below), Flounder (picture below), Shrimp (picture below), Crab (picture below), and Ling Cod (picture below) as well as many others that I have no idea what they were.

The diving too place at Cove 2, Redondo, Possession Point, Posession Point Fingers, and 3 Tree North.

At 3 Tree North I demonstrated how NOT to enter and exit a surf condition. Yes, I tripped over my own fins.

All in all, I had a great time and would recommend diving in Seattle to anyone. One word of caution though, bring your DrySuit or a really warm wetsuit.

It was a pleasure to meet and dive with you. This board is a great way to meet people you wouldn't otherwise meet, and have the opportunity to dive in places you otherwise wouldn't dive.

A few more weeks and Snowbear will be down for a bit of "warm water" diving ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

OK, what's the thing in the picture that looks like an octopus with 18 legs?

theskull

What no shots of the Deco Pills? Guess you'll have to come back for that one.

OE2X:
What no shots of the Deco Pills? Guess you'll have to come back for that one.
Damn, I knew I forgot to take a picture of something. You're right, guess I'll just have to come back and get that pic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom