French Polynesia/Manihi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim, has Scott mentioned to you the couple in from of us on the plane ride home from Tahiti??? Apparently, a young (American) honeymooning couple was also returning home..... loooooooooong kissy kissy as the plane took off...... looooooooong kissy kissy when the movie came on...... loooooooooong kissy kissy when dinner was served.....on and on it went on. :yuck: I thought we had left that behind on the boats in Bora Bora!

*sigh* Anyways - you are right - the best part of Bora Bora - albeit the beautiful lagoons and such - was you and Susan! And by the way - where's my om e let?

WOW ! Finesse, thank you for taking the time and your efforts to share your fabulous experiences and photos ! One more place to add to my list of dream dive trips :D

In Bora-Bora the Blue Nui dive centre didn't seem to be all that convenient from your hotel Sofitel. Are there other more convenient dive operators near the Sofitel ?

Thanks again or Merci !

When we took the boat across from the Pearl Beach to meet you at Bloody Mary's we were about the only couple who weren't on honeymoon.

The engine started, heads would lean together - ahhhhhhhhhh
The boat moved, lips would pucker and kiss - ahhhhhhhhhh
The boat reached the dock, hugs & cuddles all round - baaaaaaaaarph

BRING ME A BUCKET!

PS You're om e let is burnt! (Much squealing, flapping of hands, re-doing of make-up and general drama queen antics!)

Yes we truly had a great time!!!! and cant wait to get back!!!

Mikimaru.....Your are correct about the dive center being a tad bit far away!!!!!.......But it was priceless to see a range rover pickup truck come into the hotel with Scuba Jim sitting in the Back......Boy you never know what your going to find along the roadside in Bora Bora!!!!

and the thing of it was ....you got a free tour of the island !!!!!

Dive centers ......Oh yes ... there is one at the Sister resort (the Marara) where the shuttle boat drops you off to get to the main land) and several others within 15 minutes of the Sofitel Marara.

Like I mentioned we went with Blue Nui as they were fantastic to deal with (many emails to Wendy.....Who happens to be from the states....so there was no language barrier) not to mention that you can dive other Islands Tikehau, Taha'a and Manihi....and buy a package that can be used at all of these locations.......

Wow...you've got me ready to pack my bags and leave the mountains. Actually that would be about 6 weeks early. My wife and I just cancelled our Sipidan trip (a little to dangerous politically right now) and have to put a FP trip together in very short time.

Any help that you give us regarding the porperties you stayed at would be greatly appreciated. We have just over 2 weeks and are looking forward to being able to dive and laze around a little. It's our 10 year anniversary and my wife's 40th birthday so cost isn't as much a factor (but still a consideration).

Blue Nui sounds like quite the operation. Are you sure that you don't get a commission? (kidding of course)

Thanks in advance for your help and once again for the great info and photos you have already posted.

Bacchus

We would be glad to share with you .......

Commission ...Yeah I guess we enjoyed diving with these guys..... I would have taken a dive or two!!!!

The guys on Manihi were outstanding....My wife is fairly new to Scuba and Thierry truly helped her get over her concerns with diving..She’s happy then I’m happy…..Not to mention they are really fun to dive with......The guy is full of passion for what he does.........He just sent me an email (rubbing it in my face a little :wink: ) that he has been diving with Humpbacks for about a week .... he and the customers lucky enough to be there with him have been able to snorkel and dive with them. He wrote that these dives have been the best of his 7,000 + dive career.......This after finding out that the day we arrived he was able to snorkel with a Mother and her calf (so we were hoping for an encounter….but not this trip)

As far as resorts.....Pearl Beach is the only one on Manihi.....Cost was more reasonable than on other Islands/atolls … I cant really recall…but…...It was perfect for us ……. Very small, limited activities (I find if they offer too much to do you never end up relaxing) and a very friendly and pleasant atmosphere….Dives in the morning and the pool in the afternoon….

Bora Bora …The Sofitel Motu….VERY NICE…. again you’re isolated from the main Island of Bora Bora……Garden/bungalows on stilts were the most reasonable (relatively speaking :wink: ) and O/W were a tad more :eek: ……

The resort that is suppose to have all others” hands down” is the Pearl Beach on Taha’a ….. I think rooms there approach 900/night

Don’t know if this helps ……. But if you have any other questions feel free to ask!!!

Back
Top Bottom