Freeport Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hopeitsapar

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I will be going to Freeport in April. does anyone have any suggestions as to places to dive or dive shops to contact for dives for the Intermediate, Advanced diver?

Thanks

I believe it was called Tunnels (and SPID city??). Very cool dive!! Lots of good swim throughs, sharks and sea life. We also did Theo's wreck at night. Lots to see. We dove with Xanadu. Great dive op, not such a good hotel. Have a great time!!!

hopeitsapar:
I will be going to Freeport in April. does anyone have any suggestions as to places to dive or dive shops to contact for dives for the Intermediate, Advanced diver?

Thanks

We visit Freeport often. We dive with Grand Bahama Scuba. Fred and Melinda are safe and fun to dive with whether your a newbie or a seasoned diver :thumb:

You can see lots of pics from there on my website. There are several pages from each trip there.

Duncans wreck is a must do!! 2 years ago it was upright intact on a flat bottom. 2 or 3 hurricanes latter its been pushed into a ridge. twisted and the middle has collapsed!! it's a much cooler dive than it used to be!! Theo's is a must too!! also Tunnels, Gails Grotto, and of course Shark Junction.

Have a great trip, and we'd like to hear about it when you get back!!

Also dove with Xanadu and will return in June to dive with them again. We also did (besides Theo) the Sea Star. Better than Theo because of it's location (nice reefs just off the bow) and the cargo it still holds (you'll have to go to find out what it is!). And after reading Tavi's description of Duncans, this wreck may have two names.

del_mo:
Also dove with Xanadu and will return in June to dive with them again. We also did (besides Theo) the Sea Star. Better than Theo because of it's location (nice reefs just off the bow) and the cargo it still holds (you'll have to go to find out what it is!). And after reading Tavi's description of Duncans, this wreck may have two names.

Yes, Duncan's wreck is the Sea Star II.
Duncan is the man responsible for it being sunk as a dive site.

I forgot about Duncun's wreck! You may want to look into a cavern dive also. The island has many to choose from. Mermaids, owl and Ben's are the ones I have done. Mermaid's is the best in my opinion.

bikefox:
I forgot about Duncun's wreck! You may want to look into a cavern dive also. The island has many to choose from. Mermaids, owl and Ben's are the ones I have done. Mermaid's is the best in my opinion.

I've done Ben's, Very Cool Dive!!!

Who did you dive the others with??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom