Freedom Plate information bulletin: Please read

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Eric Sedletzky will a DSS Torus 26 Wing work out of the box with a freedom plate?
The newest Freedom Plate cam band slots are cut to fit the DGX Gears 30# singles donut wing or the Oxycheq Mach 5 line.
If the Torus cam band slots are within those specs then it will work. I do not have access to a DSS wing to check it.

The newest Freedom Plate cam band slots are cut to fit the DGX Gears 30# singles donut wing or the Oxycheq Mach 5 line.
If the Torus cam band slots are within those specs then it will work. I do not have access to a DSS wing to check it.
Fair enough!

Do you prefer the DGX 30# or Oxycheq 30# if given a choice and both are reasonably the same price?

The DGX wins because it’s virtually the same as the Oxycheq, but half the cost. the fabric is a little thinner but that also makes it more pliable, lighter, and less annoyingly stiff.
The other wing that will work that should mention is VDH (Vintage Double Hose). They are no longer around because unfortunately the owner Bryan died very young at 58. They are the best wing ever if you can find one on the used market.

Fair enough!

Do you prefer the DGX 30# or Oxycheq 30# if given a choice and both are reasonably the same price?
If both were brand new and the same price probably the Oxycheq.
But they’re not.
If it was a used Oxycheq and a new DGX and they were the same price, then I’d take the DGX.

If both were brand new and the same price probably the Oxycheq.
But they’re not.
If it was a used Oxycheq and a new DGX and they were the same price, then I’d take the DGX.
I found a VDH 18# wing in fantastic condition - it came with a full harness and flat plate too for <$200 shipped. Will that be ok? :wink:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 1.14.35 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 1.14.35 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 1.14.22 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-06 at 1.14.22 PM.png
    907.4 KB · Views: 28
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom