freediving fatality help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajenn

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! New to the forum here, and am looking for some help. I'm currently working with DAN as a research intern and am trying to compile freediving fatality cases. Was wondering if anyone had cases, links to articles, etc that could help me out. Can always report them directly to DAN. Thanks!!!

Rich-
Thanks for the link.

Anyone else have any help?

Ralph-Thanks so much for the head's up. Have gone to a few freediver list servs and was planning on a post on the deeperblue forum.

Also,Drew thanks for the knowledge of your friend's death. This is such a tragic thing to have to research, but I appreciate your help.
Take care!!
Jenn

In 1993, my friend Bob Johnson called to say that a buddy had died while freediving off San Diego. It was ruled heart attack. The male diver was in his early fifties, age wise.

In 1973, Al Schneppershoff died while freediving Guadalupe Island (Mexico). Shark attack. He was 36.

A few years ago, a couple from the US were honeymooning in Jamaica. The man went snorkeling from the hotel beach and did not return. His corpse was found the next day. No cause found. Ruled drowning, I believe. He was in his twenties or early thirties. Subject of television news cast.

scubajenn:
Hey guys! New to the forum here, and am looking for some help. I'm currently working with DAN as a research intern and am trying to compile freediving fatality cases. Was wondering if anyone had cases, links to articles, etc that could help me out. Can always report them directly to DAN. Thanks!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom