Freedive training in the PNW (BC, Washington state, alberta)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anethema

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49

Hey guys I would love to get some freedive training before I hit the tropics this winter. I have points enough to fly me anywhere in BC, Alberta, or I think Washington state. Anyone know of any freedive courses happening in these places any time soon? The main guys don't seem to have anything

PFI seems to only be holding stuff in Florida/Hawaii.

http://www.performancefreediving.com...fi_upcoming.py

Anyone else having courses in the PNW that you guys know about? Thanks a bunch.

EDIT:By the way this is 100% for spearfishing, I generally don't freedive just for the sake of it. My skill level now for freediving is pretty low. I've always done it on scuba fins etc, down to maybe 40 feet. That being said I have been doing some tables, and looking for other dry regimens I can do. I also use Freznel clearing rather than lung pressure naturally (holding my nose though) and have no issues down to 30 feet doing reverse pack for mouth fill (I say 30 because I haven't gone deeper really, prob be fine at depth but who knows). I can pack on surface though I don't, and have general full epiglottis and soft palette control, though I can't do a freznel without using my hand to plug my nose.

Anyways hope that helps.

---------- Post Merged at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:21 PM ----------

I might also be in the bay area Nov 17-23. How about then/there? Those are hard dates though, not flexible.

Anyone know? Thanks again!

I decided to make a mini-vacation out of it and register for the course in hawaii at the end of nov.

Anyone else happen to be going ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom