FREE Underwater Photography Magazine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Newman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
For those of you who may not have come across this outstanding resource for anyone interested in learning about and enjoying underwater photography - check out this website.

Underwater Photography Magazine

If you agree with me that it's outstanding - please e-mail the author, Peter Rowlands and tell him Michael Hill told you about his beautiful baby.

I visited the website but was a little confused for a minute, until I realized you needed to download each issue of the magazine as a pdf file. ( little over 3 mb)

It downloads pretty quickly and contains a lot of good info.

The best thing for me was you can save them on your hardrive which it makes for good offline reading ( especially on a laptop).

who knows I might become a photographer yet :wink:

wow...great resource

Mike,

This post is just on the verge of being spam, which isn't allowed, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you're just trying to spread the word about a good thing. In the future, it's OK to put a link in your signature for this purpose.

BTW....I've been reading UPM since Issue #1 and I agree, it's an excellent magazine.

Dee once bubbled...
Mike,

This post is just on the verge of being spam, which isn't allowed, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you're just trying to spread the word about a good thing. In the future, it's OK to put a link in your signature for this purpose.

BTW....I've been reading UPM since Issue #1 and I agree, it's an excellent magazine.

Dee, Why would this be spam...it's good info, pertinent to diving and free of charge!?

divemed06 once bubbled...
Dee, Why would this be spam...it's good info, pertinent to diving and free of charge!?

I said it was close. The fact that he asks for everyone to mention his name in an email to the owner makes me wonder just how closely he's connected to the mag. If he's connected in any way, that makes this post self-serviong promotion as as such is spam in the eyes of the owner of SB. All spam is free so that has nothing to do with it.

BUT, since I don't know that for sure and this mag has been mentioned in the past, I'm giving Mike the benefit of the doubt that he's just excited about this online mag and wants to spread the word, which IS allowed.

I agree it's a fine line but it's one we have to follow.

Dee once bubbled...

I said it was close. The fact that he asks for everyone to mention his name in an email to the owner makes me wonder just how closely he's connected to the mag. If he's connected in any way, that makes this post self-serviong promotion as as such is spam in the eyes of the owner of SB. All spam is free so that has nothing to do with it.

BUT, since I don't know that for sure and this mag has been mentioned in the past, I'm giving Mike the benefit of the doubt that he's just excited about this online mag and wants to spread the word, which IS allowed.

I agree it's a fine line but it's one we have to follow.

Ok...thanks for clarifying...I didn't really see it your way but makes sense.

Dee - I have tremendous respect for you as a moderator and I know from all your posts that we share a delight in making our underwater photography as good as it can be.

I have absolutely no connection with UWP - except like yourself a delight in its quality and the way it has grown and thrived over the last couple of years.

I am sorry if it was in any way contentious to ask that my name be mentioned in any communication with Peter Rowlands. I simply wanted to demonstrate to him, since I regularly send expressions of appreciation of the magazine to him that I was trying to make his work accessible to fellow divers who I believe would enjoy and benefit from it.

Can't (won't) say any more on the subject. Shall we leave our buddies on this forum to decide whether they wish to communicate with Peter and mention my name?

Have a wonderful holiday season - locally we have a meet at my local dive store, where a rep from the Bahamas is going to attempt to lure us there with stories of great diving. (No, I'm not a member of their tourist board either!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom