Free Swimming with a Great White.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RockyHeap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
As a Diver, I found this very moving.

I've dove numerous shark feeds, petted several 8-10 foot sharks, biggest encounter was a 12-13 bull shark.

swimming with hammerheads is def on my bucket list.

The Great White, would totally have to have my respect and attention, I'll admit that.

I've only had 1 or 2 spooky sharks, hey, maybe they were having a rough day after a late night at their local Sushi Bar....

Great GoPro Video Work right here!

GoPro: A Blonde and a Great White Shark - YouTube

I love the interaction in the video....If I was to try this myself, it would still have me feeling like I was a Hamburger that was trying to make friends with a 2000 pound Junkfood Addict :)

I wonder if McDonalds or Burger King would like their Logo on the Freediver :)

p.s.
I fully support baited Shark dives.....and what they are accomplishing to educate the masses enough to prevent Shark finning, etc.....
Bulls, tigers and hammers we have lots of human interaction with( tens of thousands of easy and safe interactions) ...lots of data indicating safety.....
The GWS's ??? I think I would let a few other freedivers ( like a hundred or so), find out "if" they are "people" or "hamburgers" before I try it :)

I've had great whites swim past while SCUBA diving. Of course most of the time I didn't know it unless my buddy pointed it out. Despite an increasing amount of bioprene, I'm still not in the BMI level that would cause them to switch from sea lions and harbor seals to me apparently.

What they don't show you in that video is that they fed the seal to that GW before she entered the water :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom