Free shore dive (upon arrival)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the sharkman

Contributor
Reaction score
Leaving this weekend! Finally! Staying at PLG and will be arriving in late afternoon (Sunday). We will probably do our free shore dive (through Dive Paradise) as soon as we arrive, unless we wait for the next morning. Those of you who know the area, can my wife and I walk this distance with dive gear or should we get a taxi (PLG to Dive Paradise)? I noticed they do not look too far apart on the map. We will also be doing our AOW cert. there, so we'd like to know if lugging our gear is do-able.

thanx
:guitar:

"Anyone eat at the PLG? My dinners will be in town, but I wonder how lunch would be there." And here I thought you'd run out of things to obsess about. Lord, man, relax, go and have fun.

DP has five locations. Their shop at the Hotel Barracuda, just a block towards town from PLG, is an easy walk with gear.

Enjoy.

DocVikingo

If the Dive Paradise operation you refer to is at Brisas, it is about a 3 minute walk - even with your gear. Aqua Safari has a shop at PLG and the shore dive is very nice. The prices are probably the same, but if, as you say, you have a freebie, then wlak over to Dive Paradise. The dive at Brisas is pretty neat. All kinds of stuff to look for along the coral wall and in the sand and grass flats. Enjoy! I wish I was there right now!:)

DocVikingo once bubbled...
And here I thought you'd run out of things to obsess about. Lord, man, relax, go and have fun.

Sheeesh Doc, sometimes the obsessing part IS part of the fun. One of the advantages to this board is getting valuable advice. So far, I've used scubabaoard members advice to: buy my regulator, buy my BC, my computer, my camera, my camera housing, my vacation, and even for a few restaurant tips.

If I must obsess, what a cool thing to obsess over, eh?

sharkman
:guitar:

but snorkeling (especially at night) there was a hoot. Octopus, squid, cuda, lots of fun stuff...

We even humped our gear from PLG to Blue Angel down by Papa Hogg's...it drove the cabbies nuts to see us hauling our stuff down the sidewalk and not want a ride.

The dive behind PLG is nice too. Bunches of stuff under the dock and along the seawall. Or snorkel/freedive it. I did not eat too often at PLG, service was slow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom