Free seminar on team diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One of our local technical instructors has been doing a series of free educational sessions on a variety of topics that he thinks will help impact local diving safety. January's topic is on team diving. This is what Scott has to say about it:

Once per month I try to offer a free workshop to enhance awareness and safety in our local dive community. In the past I have offered workshops on Technical Support Diving, Understanding Decompression Theories, and Dive Planning and Gas Management. I will continue to offer these as long as there is interest. Next month I decided to try a new topic -- Organized Team Diving.

Today organized team divers go by many names -- GUE diver, DIR diver, UTD diver, etc. Organized team diving is just what the name says Organized Team Diving? There may be subtle difference between teams, but anyone who truly sees the Big Picture can move beyond these minor variations during proper dive planning.

The goal of this workshop is to provide information to the Organize Team Curious Diver. The workshop is intended to provide an open discussion to explain why people engage in organized team diving to those that may be interested in this style of diving and to provide an opportunity for questions.

Time: 6:30 pm-9:15 pm

Date: January 12th ,2009

Topics:

Evolution of Team Diving (origin Modern day team diver)

Hallmarks of Team Diving
Unified team
Preparedness (pre-dive preparation, mental focus, physical fitness, diving experience, and dive planning)
Streamlined equipment configuration (consistent, efficient, simple)
Conservative gas parameters
Balanced rig
Standard gas mixes
Cylinder marking

Focus of Team Diving
Awareness
Mindset
Attitude
Consistency
Skills Development
The Team
Standardization
Equipment

Common Misconceptions about Team Diving

Drawback / Benefit Ratio of Team Diving

Application of Team Diving to all diving activities

If this event interests you send me a PM or email to reserve a spot.

Scott Christopher
NAUI Technical Course Director / TDI Advanced Trimix Instructor
scott@soundaquatics.com
(425) 241-1113

For anybody who is interested in the topic, I'd recommend the seminar. Scott has a great reputation as a good teacher. Please RSVP, so he can know how many people are likely to come (for facility planning).

It's likely to be a very good evening.

Back
Top Bottom