Free Round Trip Ticket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

genxweb

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well like many other crazy people out there I fell for the Wendy’s promotion to collect 64 cups and get a free round trip airline ticket on Air Tran. Like many others I dug in the trash ate their food and even bartered to get the needed cups. I sent my 64 cups in and now have the credit I need to fly anywhere they do for free.

After looking at the places that I could go 4 options present it self.

1) Florida (almost any airport there): Though I consider this kind of a waste since tickets to Florida are pretty cheap if you research online you could get round trip for 69.00 plus taxes to Orlando. Though I really want to dive the Spiegel Grove and Devils Den along with a few other places there.

2) Las Vegas: Not really for diving but to save on my yearly pilgrimage there to go to the defcon hacker conference. Yes I here you all yelling geek, though I am a network security professional and this relates more to my job.

3) Grand Bahamas: This I think is the winner depending on cost of hotel and what information I can find about diving there i.e. Charters fees, and so on.

4) The forth option is to fly to Atlanta their hub and jump a flight from there to another destination from there is the rules allow, still waiting from word on this.

So my question is where should I go and where should I dive any other suggestions welcomed.

daval:
jesus, why can't we have contests like this in Canada?

It was available in Canada, but who wanted to collect 64 cups :wink:

Go to vegas, Defcon yay. Hacker convention first :) Then take your scuba gear with you and check out Henderson. I've no idea on the area as I am from the UK, but there appears to be an interesting looking shoreline around Boulder Basin.
36 02'16.28" N 114 47'10.07 Check Google Earth

All diveable options are:

Las vegas
Florida
NC
SC
San Fran
Bahammas

The rest of the spots are pretty much not worth flying too. I checked all the airports as I can jump flights.

ABC Islands? Not sure where they are. You are talking to some one that barely gets to travel though when I do I go to some remote locations, though rarely warm palces :) i.e alaska..

The ABC - Aruba, Bonaire etc.

Air Tran would probably not go there.

Your best bet here is probably a non-dive vacation. Since Florida is cheap anyhow.

I didn't even know Wendy's was having such contest...Damn! and i eat there every so often.

Of the choice you've listed, Grand Bahama would be a definate top contender ... followed by perhaps the FL Keys next. Since, So FL is often a gateway to the Bahamas, it might even be possible to combine them (i.e. spend a few days in Freeport, a few days in Largo).

Check out unexo's site:

http://www.unexso.com/

Back
Top Bottom