FREE refresher and equipment check Sunday July 25!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just sent to me by my good friends at Sea Experience:

Click here:
Revive Your Dive!

SUNDAY JULY 25, 2010
FREE Scuba Refresher Course
FREE Fitness to Dive Consultation
FREE Equipment Inspection

Every year numerous divers die during the Florida Lobster Mini-Season and first weeks of the regular season. Medical conditions (mostly cardiac events), poor diving procedures and techniques, and equipment problems are often factors in these needless deaths.

Divers understand the need for scuba refresher training, health screens and equipment servicing but are often reluctant to pursue them due to the high costs and time associated with doing them.

Revive Your Dive! is a free one-day event where divers receive services to make them more prepared for diving activities. Specifically, divers will receive the following:

• FREE Scuba Refresher Course - Gives proper scuba refresher training.
• FREE Fitness to Dive Consultation - A physical diver consultation as it relates to fitness to dive.
• FREE Equipment Inspection - Inspect diving equipment and identify problems before open water diving.

Where: City of Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Complex click for map

When: Sunday July 25th, 2010 8:00am to 5:00pm

Cost: FREE (A requested donation of any amount to Reef Ministries will go to the education and training for disadvantage youth to learn how to scuba dive.)

Event Description
Participants will arrive at their selected "Group Time" at the City of Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Complex. They will check-in themselves and their equipment at the registration table. Then, participants will proceed to the three event stations: Equipment Inspection, Fitness to Dive Consultation and Scuba Review.

Itinerary
Sunday, July 25, 2010:
GROUP 1 8:00AM start time.
GROUP 2 9:00AM start time.
GROUP 3 10:00AM start time.
GROUP 4 11:00AM start time.
GROUP 5 12:00PM start time.
GROUP 6 1:00PM start time.
GROUP 7 2:00PM start time.
GROUP 8 3:00PM start time.
Participants will take about 3 hours to go through all three stations.

501 Seabreeze Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
click for map

Prices
This is a free event. However, we ask for a donation in any amount to go to the education and training of disadvantaged youth to learn how to scuba dive. This event is a tremendous value as you will receive services worth over $200 to $300, please consider a donation to Reef Ministries, Inc.

Accommodations
For our out of town guests, please consider staying directly across the street at the wonderful Courtyard Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach. Special Reef Ministries Rate: $99 per night!

To make reservations call 1-888-821-1366 and use PROMO CODE: REEF MINISTRIES

Packing List
All skin diving and scuba diving equipment with an alternate air source (complimentary scuba equipment rental for those who need equipment)
Medical Questionnaire completed and signed by a physician if necessary (see below) Click here to download the PADI Medical Questionnaire
Certification card(s)
Log book (if available)
Bathing suit
Towel
Sunscreen
Hat
Sunglasses
Water
Beverages and/or snacks
Padlock for lockers

FAQs
Who can participate in Revive Your Dive!
Anyone with an Open Water Diver certification or higher may participate in the Revive Your Dive! event. You must provide proof of certification at both the online reservation and the on-site registration. If you have lost your c-card, you must obtain one or verification of certification prior to the event. You may contact your certification agency or your certifying instructor to assist you in this process. Agencies include PADI, NAUI, YMCA, SSI, SDI, IDEA, PDIC, just to name a few.

What if is has been a really long time since I went scuba diving?
Then this event is perfect for you! If the Revive Your Dive! instructors think that you need additional training, they will recomend that to you. Most Open Water Diver scuba certifications do not expire, so this event is a great way to safely and under proper supervision get wet again and refresh your skills.

I can't find my certification card, how can I still participate?
You must provide proof of certification at both the online reservation and the on-site registration. If you have lost your c-card, prior to the event you must obtain a new card or a certificate verifying certification from a recognized national or international scuba training agency. You may contact your certification agency or your certifying instructor to assist you in this process. Agencies include PADI, NAUI, YMCA, SSI, SDI, IDEA, PDIC, just to name a few.

What equipment may I bring for the equipment inspection?
You may bring in your own personal scuba equipment for inspection. We ask that only one piece of equipment per kit be inspected (i.e. one B.C., one regulator, one cylinder, etc.) If your equipment is inspected and deemed appropriate to dive, then you may use it in the pool for the Scuba Review. All personal equipment will be inventoried upon entrance and exit. No spearguns nor rebreathers please.

I have answered a YES on my Medical Questionnaire, do I really need a physicians signature?
Yes. If you answer "Yes" to any question on the PADI Medical Questionnaire you must get a physician's signature for your approval to dive. Without a physician's signature, you will not be able to participate in the Scuba Review portion of event. It is imperative that you are accurate on your PADI Medical History Questionnaire.

What about parking?
Simply park in the City of Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Complex parking lot. Show your event wristband to the parking cashier and you will recieve free parking.

Are there locker rooms and showers?
Yes. The City of Fort Lauderdale Aquatic Complex has restrooms, showers and locker storage for your convenience. It is best to bring a lock to store your personal belongings in a locker during the event.

Is Reef Ministries a 501(c)(3)?
Reef Ministries, Inc., a Florida not for profit corporation, is in the process of establishing Federal tax exempt status as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Reef Ministries, Inc. is organized exclusively for charitable, religious, education and scientific purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.

Reservations
Simply click the Reserve Now! button below where you will be taken to a secure reservation page. Just select the time block you are interested in, then add your donation amount. The Eventbrite fee is $1 + $1.01= $2.01. Then complete the registration information. Have your scuba certification card handy. Each person must register themselves only and not others.

DebbyDiver Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with this organization nor do I even know them. I can't answer any questions, as I know no more than what is on the website that I copied and pasted for you. I am just passing along this AWESOME opportunity for you and your loved ones. Please share this with every SoFla diver you know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom