Free offer for BUILD A MOUNT SYSTEM by Z Gear!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Z Gear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
For those who are creative or just love using their imagination to put together their own custom creations. Z Gear wants to let you try out the build a mount system! This the only system that lets you create a whole range of hands free camera mounts and BCD dive light mounts. As well as camera pole light mounts.

Z Gear would like to offer 5 Scuba Board members a free Mono pole light mount & BCD dive light combo build kit!

This kit includes the components and tools to build a mono pole light mount. You can reconfigure this mount and add the other components to build a BCD dive light mount when desired.

Both mount are really practical and fun to use.

Here are some introduction videos about the BUILD A MOUNT and other videos showing the use of mounts as well as how to build some of these mounts.

[video=youtube;b7cO-Q1EEfI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7cO-Q1EEfI[/video]

Mono pole light mount

[video=youtube;iyrKY0Xh5D4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyrKY0Xh5D4[/video]

[video=youtube;hVY50CaaTlM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVY50CaaTlM[/video]

IMG_1175a.JPG

The BCD dive light mount is also a very use full item for lobster diving or night diving as well as for use an adjustable handsfree video light mount.

Check out the web site for building instructions on how to build a BCD dive light mount.

Have fun building and using these mounts. Remember that this is an introduction to building your mounts and after a bit you can elaborate on your own creation. Build and use safely and always leash your gear.

For those interested in participating we would like you to chime in and let us know if you can provide a review and perhaps a video of a dive coming up soon. This would help in determining who we select to receive product.

Thanks
Frank G
Z GEAR - Build A Mount - Camera Pole Light Mounts, Hands Free Dive Camera Mounts & Dive Light Mounts - Build A Mount

Last edited:
I am very interested! I live in San Diego and am an avid diver who just received a GoPro Silver and am eager to try it out. I am actually building my own two handle tray mount right now but would be happy to give your product a run though with honest feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm heading out to Roatan the first week in Feb with my GoPro 2 and Canon S100. I have a couple of smaller lights as well for night dives that would mount easily for pics and video on night dives.
I'd love to give the Zgear a try!

I'm heading out to Roatan the first week in Feb with my GoPro 2 and Canon S100. I have a couple of smaller lights as well for night dives that would mount easily for pics and video on night dives.
I'd love to give the Zgear a try!

I would consider it if you could please answer the following:

This mount kit is for a camera pole and for BC. Do you have or are you considering using a camera pole? I would also need a US address to mail out to, due to shipping costs.

Frank G
Z GEAR - Build A Mount - Camera Pole Light Mounts, Hands Free Dive Camera Mounts & Dive Light Mounts - Build A Mount

---------- Post added December 20th, 2015 at 08:51 AM ----------

I would like to give one a try right now I am using a modified go pro strap mount to make a Goodman handle and would like to give it a try and review. See on of my reviews at http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...bon-monoxide-detection-scuba.html#post7572756

I don't think this is the right application for using to make a good man handle. Sorry. But do you use a camera pole ? Let me know, how this mount building kit would be used.

Frank G

---------- Post added December 20th, 2015 at 08:57 AM ----------

Z, you know that I am always willing. So count me in.

Cool Tony I just want to verify that you will be trying it on a camera pole as well as making a light mount for your BC. I also want to make sure that your BC shoulder strap is at least 2 1/2 wide ( in other words not web only) the mount works best with some padding for it to cinch down on to.

Do you think you will be able to provide a review and some footage, and if so what time frame are we looking at.

Frank G

---------- Post added December 20th, 2015 at 09:03 AM ----------

I am very interested! I live in San Diego and am an avid diver who just received a GoPro Silver and am eager to try it out. I am actually building my own two handle tray mount right now but would be happy to give your product a run though with honest feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you currently use a camera pole? Do you like to go diving for lobster or night diving?

I am wanting to try out a pole mount and see how that affects my video quality.

I am wanting to try out a pole mount and see how that affects my video quality.

OK Warren, do you think you can try out the BCD dive light as well? Do you have a bc that has a shoulder strap 2 1/1 inch or wider?

Also interested. Just got the GoPro Hero Black and have a March trip planned to Chuuk (Truk Lagoon) as well as plenty of local (Florida) dives!

I would consider it if you could please answer the following:

This mount kit is for a camera pole and for BC. Do you have or are you considering using a camera pole? I would also need a US address to mail out to, due to shipping costs.

Frank G

---------- Post added December 20th, 2015 at 08:51 AM ----------

I don't think this is the right application for using to make a good man handle. Sorry. But do you use a camera pole ? Let me know, how this mount building kit would be used.

Frank G

---------- Post added December 20th, 2015 at 08:57 AM ----------

Cool Tony I just want to verify that you will be trying it on a camera pole as well as making a light mount for your BC. I also want to make sure that your BC shoulder strap is at least 2 1/2 wide ( in other words not web only) the mount works best with some padding for it to cinch down on to.

Do you think you will be able to provide a review and some footage, and if so what time frame are we looking at.

Frank G

---------- Post added December 20th, 2015 at 09:03 AM ----------

Do you currently use a camera pole? Do you like to go diving for lobster or night diving?

wow Z, looks like I get the most parameters / objections! I guess from our past. The pole adapters look great and appear to function very well. I am glad that you took our advice and came out with a better product. I would like to try out a camera pole for the first time and I promise a very good attempt and review. As for the BCD mounts, not too sure. As you know I use a web and back plate setup. (that how us cavers roll) It appears that the mounts are still facing some problems such as 1) can't keep it stable on webbing, 2) gets in the way of a long hose donation 3) appears to be still setup for those divers that swim vertical instead of horizontal in the water column.
I have created several items for camera and lights for mounts to include mounts for DPV's (I own a Mako and a SS 26). I will put your gear thru the test if you would like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom