Free Divemaster internship?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey yalls! I'm looking to do a divemaster internship somewhere in Asia for the coming fall (preferably Thailand, but i'm not picky). By this I mean working at a shop to pay off my dive master training fees. Does anyone know of a reputable place that offers this? Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

--Michal

Highly unlikely you will find anything like that in Thailand. But good luck with your search.
There have been a number of threads on here in the past discussing similar topics. You may pick up some usefull tips just having a search through Scubaboard. Here is a link to one I posted in myself only a few days ago.

Best time to start DMT in Koh Tao

There are some options, but nothing comes free. You'll be paying with labour, and think of what you could have earned elsewhere in the same time. Quite often you'll be used for work that is not related to your divemaster training, and for any work you will (officially) need a workpermit.
On the upside you can gain a lot of experience.

I have met quite a few people here who have done this, and they all told me, that if they had known in advance that they'd be used for illegal labour and how exactly the internship would develop, they would not have done it that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom