Free blowns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zodiacdiverdave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives

The other night my diving buddies and I (I am reluctant to call us a club, if I did we might have to have meetings and take notes and all that other crud that clubs do) got together and had a little show and tell over a couple of barley sandwichs:eyebrow:
One of the things we wanted to do was to get sum pixs of all the free blown bottles we have collected over the past 30 sum years of diving. Unfortunately not everyone could attend but most of us, 10 in all, made it. Here are some pictures of 90 % of the collection. I will post more pictures of the other goodies once I get better quality pixs from my buddies.

Other things we wanted people to bring was a few of our more interesting artifacts we have found on the bottom and all the gold coins we have collected last season. Those pixs will follow as well.

If you have found some nice free blown bottles please post some pixs, I would love to see what other collectors are getting. Thanks;
ZDD

Attachments

• IMG00273.jpg
    IMG00273.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG00279.jpg
    IMG00279.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG00274.jpg
    IMG00274.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 193
Your title is VERY misleading!!!! Lol

Sorry, I had to say it. Those are some really nice bottles you guys have there. I am partial to the blob top bottles but I want to add an onion bottle and a South Carolina dispensary bottle as soon as possible.

onions are very rare up here but I wont give up looking.
Oh yea the title, I guess I could have been more explicit.:wink:
ZDD

I need to take some pics of my bottles. I only have 4 but they are cool. I have a John Ryan, Savannah, Georgia Cider blob top that is really cool and I found a Germania Beer bottle last year from Charleston, South Carolina.

I have found some neat bottles here in Savannah, Jas Ray, John Ryan, Carolin Dispensary, lots of others too. Some days you change from a tooth diver to a bottle diver. Either way its great history and fun to discover.

Here are my bottles, I do not have a bunch but you have to start somewhere right?

My John Ryan Savannah, GA Cider bottle
JRCider.jpg

JRCider2.jpg

Another bottle from Savannah, GA I think it is a Jason ???
JasonSavannah.jpg

I actually purchased this bottle at an antique store
It is a Charleston, SC bottle
Charleston.jpg

I found this one last year at low tide on the Wando river, it is a Germania Beer bottle
germania.jpg

germania2.jpg

I hate to say it but that is the extend of my bottle collection.

What is the "thing" that looks like a wheel in these pictures. Probably a dumb question, just was wondering what it is.

What is the "thing" that looks like a wheel in these pictures. Probably a dumb question, just was wondering what it is.
That is a bronze cannon wheel. This was located on a un-named, 18th century treasure wreck, one the the famed Robert Marx told me about. One of my buddies found this and it weighs about 50 lbs. and has the broad arrow on it that designates that it was from a British Navel Ship.
ZDD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom