Free batteries for Suunto computers!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there some kind of problem with the battery's in the computers sold after that date? I have 2 Gekko's and a Mosquito, and now ya'll got me worried about the batt die'n mid-dive or something...

The wording on this makes it sound similar to a re-call!

RSdiver:
Marketing is compensating for poor Engineering

I saw this for the D6/D9 at the last weekends Diver's Fair. Seemed to me this was a consumer's reaction to their poor design, where the user can not change batteries. I would have gladly paid the high dollar prices for their computers, but not having the "user changable" battery was a feature that I could not live without.

I've been on too many liveaboards or week long dive trips and had a low battery.
They lost a sale and I bought elsewhere.
you can change the battery yourself on the D6. see the manual.
probably also on the D9, even if the manual says 'no'.

rottielover:
Is there some kind of problem with the battery's in the computers sold after that date? I have 2 Gekko's and a Mosquito, and now ya'll got me worried about the batt die'n mid-dive or something...

The wording on this makes it sound similar to a re-call!

You can change the battery in the mosquito yourself, a 25 cent coin is all you need to open the case.

The problem is not the computer running low in mid-dive but running low in mid-week of a multi-thousand dollar dive trip. Most computers can sustain many dives when the LOW BATT indicator comes on.

DuboisP:
you can change the battery yourself on the D6. see the manual.
probably also on the D9, even if the manual says 'no'.

Do you change the O-ring also?
If you do the change yourself is the warranty void?

I guess what I'm getting at is asking "was there a bad bunch of battery's?"

IE a battery that the computer will never show the "LOW BAT" indicator before it just dies.`

Just a quick follow up. I talked to the President and VP of Marketing for Suunto Findland today. They were interested in my comments and were bothered by my experience. As such, I would suggest sending complaints to Suunto Findland and just cc Aqualung.

The last follow-up I spoke with Dan Badgley at Aqua-Lung today. He is the division manager. They are going to review the two offers. As such, if you have not registered your computer I would suggest that you do so. Even if it is out of the 30 day window you might still get some replacement batteries.

I emailed Aqua Lung to inquire about battery coupons for my 2 Suunto computers, which were purchased within the time frame stated in the offer. They replied, that since I registered my warranties by mail, rather than online, I was not entitled to the free batteries. What a crock of horse manure!

Back
Top Bottom