Free batteries for Suunto computers!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
Apparantly Aqualung is giving away free batteries for their Suunto computers. I just thought I'd share it. I don't have an Aqualung computer, but I figured I'd give everyone a chance that did have one to get a 'free battery' at Aqualung's expense. :D

from http://www.aqualung.com/warranty_bonus_b.html
Free Dive Computer Battery

Qualifying product
Any Suunto dive computer purchased from an Authorized Aqua Lung Dealer in the U.S.A. after June 1, 2004.

Explanation
Customers will receive three (3) ea. e-coupons good for one (1) replacement battery kit for their respective model. Customer's registering a Suunto Stinger will receive three (3) ea. e-coupons good for battery change service at an Aqua Lung Authorized Suunto service facility.

Dealer procedures

• Make a copy of the customer's original purchase receipt; verify that the customer is the original owner and had purchased the dive computer through an Authorized U.S. Aqua Lung Dealer.
• Verify that the information on the original purchase receipt matches the pre-printed information on the e-coupon, and that the serial #'s on the coupon match the serial #'s of the product requiring a new battery.
• Check the expiration dates on the e-coupon.
• Complete the necessary information, and make sure the customer signs the Free Battery e-coupon.
• As most of the batteries on Suunto dive computers are user replaceable, you can supply the batteries directly to the consumer.
• Send to Aqua Lung the following: the original e-coupon and a copy of the original purchase receipt, and Aqua Lung will send you a replacement battery kit as specified on the coupon at no charge.
• If the customer brings in a Suunto Stinger, collect the same information, and send the Suunto Stinger along with the original e-coupon and a copy of the original purchase receipt to an Aqua Lung Authorized Suunto Service Center for battery replacement. Check the Aqua Lung website for an updated list of Aqua Lung Authorized Suunto Service Centers.

Nice. Thanks for the tip!

I purchased a Vyper about two weeks ago. I just received an email to print out my coupons.

e-Coupon instructions
* The e-coupons cannot be saved for future printing.
* You have 30 days to print your e-coupons.
* Please be sure to visit each link separately to receive all of your coupons.
* Use your browsers "Print" button to print out the e-coupon.
* Save your printed e-coupons with the original purchase receipt and other warranty documentation.
* The e-coupons are only valid with the original purchase receipt for products purchased from Authorized Aqua Lung Dealers in the U.S.A

The fine print - if you do not do this within 30 days of buying your computer you will NOT be given the e-coupons. I just tried to register my computer and got nothing. I have complained to Suunto that this offer is not well advertised especially the fine print.

PS Contact info for AquaLung/Suunto

http://www.aqualung.com/contact_al.html

(760-) 597-5000

Scared Silly:
The fine print - if you do not do this within 30 days of buying your computer you will NOT be given the e-coupons. I just tried to register my computer and got nothing. I have complained to Suunto that this offer is not well advertised especially the fine print.

Exactly! Wish I could get a free battery.

eckybay:
I purchased a Vyper about two weeks ago. I just received an email to print out my coupons.

e-Coupon instructions
* The e-coupons cannot be saved for future printing.
* You have 30 days to print your e-coupons.
* Please be sure to visit each link separately to receive all of your coupons.
* Use your browsers "Print" button to print out the e-coupon.
* Save your printed e-coupons with the original purchase receipt and other warranty documentation.
* The e-coupons are only valid with the original purchase receipt for products purchased from Authorized Aqua Lung Dealers in the U.S.A

Is it worth the trouble for a $5 battery that you won't need for 3 years. (I got abt 3 yrs of heavy diving out of my first battery in a Vyper)

Later this week I will be at the Outdoor Retailer Show (OR Show) here in Salt Lake. The OR Show is the DEMA equivalent for the outdoor industry. While there I hope talk with some one from Suunto - Finland and chat about this. (Aqua Lung does just Suunto dive computers Suunto USA does everything else, then there is corporate Suunto in Finland).

And while writing Aqua Lung may not generate a reply people should write and cc' their letter to Suunto Finland otherwise nothing will change.

PS The battery thing was not the appeal for me someone else got a offer to upgrade which is what I was after as I have an old bottomtimer that is dead.

Marketing is compensating for poor Engineering

I saw this for the D6/D9 at the last weekends Diver's Fair. Seemed to me this was a consumer's reaction to their poor design, where the user can not change batteries. I would have gladly paid the high dollar prices for their computers, but not having the "user changable" battery was a feature that I could not live without.

I've been on too many liveaboards or week long dive trips and had a low battery.
They lost a sale and I bought elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom