Frame style for U/W images

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhillman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi friends. Not sure if this is the right place to ask for your opinion regarding picture framing, but I'll try. I plan to frame and hang some of my U/W pictures on a wall. Sizes will range between 11" x 14" to 16" x 24". What is the frame style most suitable for underwater pictures.

I once (30 yrs ago) sent it to a professional printing and framing lab. ( I think it was located in FL) and used a floater style frame that I haven't been able to get anywhere.

The question is what do the professional photographers use to frame and display their work. Thank you in advance. I hope I am not interrupting in this site.

Darrel

For me, the simpler the better. I like black museum style frames with white mats. Occasionally, I will go with a double mat, like a blue one under the white, but usually, simple white mat with black frames.
Bill

How about a digital frame? N

Thank you. That is what I did this last time, ordered some black metal frame with white mat. I am planning to make some 16x20 prints to be frame in 20x24 frame. Using Mpix and happy with th results.
Thank you again.
Darrel

Back
Top Bottom