Fourth element xenos vs proteus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you looking at the male or female models? Both suits are similar in features and price point. I have had a few women not like the fit of the xenos, while others love it...I guess it's a matter or personal preference.

My first recommendation would be to try each on and see which fits/feels better. wetsuits really are a personal thing.

Male, the cut seems similar except the proteus has the neck dam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it does have the neck dam. Some find it to be useful. It's a good feature unless you have issues with stuff around your neck feeling "constricting".

I've read that people have trouble with self donning. I assume that self donning is possible and requires similar dexterity to a hooded vest.

I've read that people have trouble with self donning. I assume that self donning is possible and requires similar dexterity to a hooded vest.

A great deal of ease(or struggle) will depend on your personal build and flexibility. Some find the neck dam to be a pain to self don, while others just slide into it easily. I personally have rather broad shoulders so just about any exposure suit has an added element of struggle to don.

Back
Top Bottom