Fourth Element tech fin - calling aero engineers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thrutch

Contributor
Reaction score
Fourth Element just released their new tech fin: Tech Fins Archives - Fourth Element

The idea of the bumps behind the vents is supposedly to mimic humpback whale fins and utilize the tubercle effect. But it seems like they're in the wrong place. I'm home sick instead of out diving, so I've been doing some light digging around, and I can't find anything dealing with the effects of non-leading edge tubercles like these. So, folks who study this stuff, is this a gimmick or a wavebreaking new way to fin around? Thanks!

Careful. You're going to wake Bob Evans.

Hello, I hear you. They're
Force-fin-vortex.jpg-fw.jpg
missing the boat.

Anyone tried these yet? They look like an RK3 like clone to me. I hear they are just slightly negative while not being too heavy from a travel standpoint. Can anyone speak to the stiffness? I was torn between the floppy RK3s and the stiff RK3 HDs. If these are in between, they may be a good compromise.

1[1].jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom