Fourth Element SubXero

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stimpy4242

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this new product from fourth element designed for trilam drysuit users? Seems quite nice, especially because you can wear the jacket aside from scuba...

Let me know.

The subxero suits are due for release the third week of march/easter time.

(or so they told me at the london dive show)

Im assuming its pre-order. I spoke to fourth element in person at the dive show Saturday and were told they are pre-order and release "in about 10 days". From what i can gather that meant release to anywhere not just the UK.

Im going to pre-order mine tonight as im sick of freezing half to death in my weezle extreme.

I got to dive one of the new 2 piece SubXero undersuits last weekend on a Shipwreck Adventures charter. We did nearly an hour dive in 39 degree water. I was definitely warmer than I was during the identical dive last weekend (I usually layer a DC TPS thinsulate extreme with thin fleece long underwear). The suit seems to be very well made, with some nice details added. There are velcro adjustments on both wrists and ankles with stirrups built into the feet as well and a 2 way zipper in the farmer john pants for easy use of a P-valve. They should be available from Shipwreck Adventures by the end of the week. Sign up for a charter and you may get to demo a suit :wink:. Mine should be in by Friday!

Now that this has been released for about a month or so, does anyone have any first hand experience they would like to share?

I tend to get cold when I dive, especially on the second dive. I was thinking of going with a SubXero bottom and Arctic top.

Ive done about 15 dives in mine now. Its a lot warmer than my weezle extreme. I can go about 50 mins now without getting chilly as opposed to 20.

One thing though - it does require a LOT of lead to sink. Roughly 4kg more than my old weezle.

Ive done about 15 dives in mine now. Its a lot warmer than my weezle extreme. I can go about 50 mins now without getting chilly as opposed to 20.

One thing though - it does require a LOT of lead to sink. Roughly 4kg more than my old weezle.
Just to be clear, are you comparing it to the Weezle Extreme, or the Weezle Extreme plus???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom