Fourth Element SubXero Undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried out the xerotherm arctic and subxeros this weekend (top and bottom) in 45 - 50 degree water. Both were EXTREMELY warm in this "only cold" water.

In the end I felt the X/A's are perfect for my drysuit (FLX 50/50) and will be perfect in very cold water and ice diving this winter. Not too mention I have a pair of patagonia capilene 3's underneath that help keep me nice and dry as well.

Both were AWESOME undergarments though! The SubXero's look really cool too! They were just to bulky under my neoprene bottoms (but would be great for a TLS 350 suit)... Probably why they recommend them for TriLams only!

So do guys reckon that White's MK3 is warmer than Artic? If so, approximately by how many % warmer. If i use MK3, how many lead should I use more? Sorry for asking too much in detail, cause as you know Fourthelement stuffs are not cheap.So i have to know what i need to invest in

Thanks again all for your kind inputs.

In comparison to the White's MK3 suit, I suspect it may not have been quite so warm, but it was far less restrictive, far less buoyant, and if conditions suit I would much prefer wearing the Arctic to the MK3.

Less restrictive? That's interesting. I have found the MK3 to be the least restrictive undergarment I've had on yet. It did cost me about four pounds of lead, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom