Fourth element ellipse initial impressions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So during this time where I can't legally get in the water I'm doing some drysuit upgrades. I switched out my glued seals for the si tech oval quick seals and with that is new drygloves. I decided to try the fourth element ellipse system. There are currently no reviews I could find on these but the price isn't bad so I figured I would take a chance. I mentioned this in another thread and received a PM about them, as it was sent as a PM I will not mention names.

I switched out the seals and did a leak test in order to seal the wrist I put the gloves on so I could test them as well.

I have not been able to actually get into the water with them yet but here is my initial thoughts.

The directions say to put the oring in the glove, fold the glove over and then stretch onto the ring, I will tell you right not this will not happen by yourself, the video fourth element shows must be using a different oring. depending on your glove you can overcome this by stretching the glove over the ring and then installing the oring.

Once installed lining up the glove with the seal system is a bit of a PITA. Once lined up it does take some effort to lock on, it also takes some effort to take off.

I consider effort to put on and take off a good thing as that means they will not pop off when I don't want them to.

As for lining up I will withhold my thoughts until I can try them off a boat.

They passed the leak test without any issues or adjustments.

They seem to be very low profile for getting into pockets etc.

Overall a decent system I will update this review once I really get to test them out.

Ok, I tested them on a local shore dive.

Lining up and putting on is a PITA. Make sure you lube them well with silicone grease. Also make sure the o-rings and sealing surfaces are clean a small amount of crap will cause a leak.

Overall for me the pro's outweigh the cons. I like them. Are they perfect, no but I don't think there is such thing a perfect gloves.

Ok, I tested them on a local shore dive.

Lining up and putting on is a PITA. Make sure you lube them well with silicone grease. Also make sure the o-rings and sealing surfaces are clean a small amount of crap will cause a leak.

Overall for me the pro's outweigh the cons. I like them. Are they perfect, no but I don't think there is such thing a perfect gloves.
If you can return them for the ultima, much easier to put on and take off, putting the glove ring on is crazy with both but no concern with alignment with the round rings.

If you can return them for the ultima, much easier to put on and take off, putting the glove ring on is crazy with both but no concern with alignment with the round rings.

That was one I was considering the other being the rolock 90.

One of the things I like about these is they maintain the oval shape and the low profile.

That is one of the things about this sport what works for one might not work for another, as always YMMV. Overall I like them so far, being that I've only put them on in the living room and 2 dives this afternoon the alignment might get easier with more pratice, time will tell. Hopefully next test will be Sunday.

If I were going to try something other than my beloved Kubi rings, I would really like to try the Scuba Force Thenar rings.

THENAR DRYSUIT GLOVES

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom