Fourth Annual British Columbia Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Merry and I parachuted in late last night after our fourth trip to Port Hardy. It was great to be at God's Pocket Resort again to dive and visit with friends old and new. Bill and Annie keep the place running smooth and they always have a hard working crew making sure we are well overfed and tired by the end of the week.
Report and photos at Fourth Annual British Columbia Trip

Thanks for posting Phil! I always love to see photos from the PNW and Canada. Kudos to you for capturing such brilliant shots under such adverse conditions. I am certainly no photographer, like you, but I do like this one, which I took on the North Wall of Sund Rock in the Hood Canal of Washington a couple years ago.
upload_2017-8-8_19-32-18.png

This is actually my favorite-- I didn't take it myself, but I was the one who found her. My dive buddy took this one. Same dive site. (Sund Rock- North Wall)- Found this GPO in 40 feet blending in to the wall. The Wolf Eels above were down at the base of the wall in 70 feet.
upload_2017-8-8_19-38-32.png

Great pics, thanks for posting! I'm hoping to make it there next summer. Was there any discussion about the future of the resort and how long they think they'll be keeping it open?

Parks Canada was supposed to give Bill and Annie news about a new lease last week but only said things were looking good. They're still in limbo, but will be open at least until the end of the year. Hopefully the lease will be signed soon so they can keep it open for years to come.

Looking at my RAW files was like looking through cheese cloth. The dirty water was difficult to shoot through and made backscatter removal very time consuming. I worked on the rest of my images and was able to save a few more.

8-02-2017_ART9342_zpsuis2ilwk.jpg

8-02-17_ART9267_zpsojjxawwh.jpg

8-02-17_ART9245_zpsducm9hvu.jpg

8-01-17_ART9217_zpsh7jzvb1m.jpg

7-31-17_ART8932_zpsansqbedm.jpg

8-04-17_ART9512_zpsqlsbzeti.jpg

8-04-17_ART9459_zpsmpfkbixt.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom