Four(ish?) Day Live-aboard in Belize?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

resumeman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Howdy,

We are thinking of a visit to Belize to dive later this year. We'd like to try out the live aboard experience, but we've never done it so we'd prefer to start with a limited period of time - like 4 days, and spend the rest of the time on the mainland.

Our initial research seems to turn up nothing but 6-7 day trips (like, anywhere). Are there any operators out of Belize who run about 4 days a trip? Thanks!

I'm pretty certain the only two liveaboards in Belize are the two Aggressor's - both do a week departing from Belize City. If you see online references to the Dancer, they renamed it the Aggressor IV last year.

Liveaboard.com: 228 Liveaboards. 12300 Diving trips. lists pretty much every boat I've ever heard of. You might see if there's another destination that would work for you.

Juliet does 4 day trips to the Bahamas occasionally. Bahamas Liveaboard Diving

OK thanks for replying - and the link. I will look into it.

One thing I sometimes mention to people looking for a short liveaboard experience - often liveaboards that do run shorter trips also have less room and amenities than the week or more ones. So be careful of going on a liveaboard that is lacking private cabins and ensuite baths, for instance, if that is what you would really prefer. Doing a less cushy liveaboard may not give you any idea if you would like a nicer one, or could turn you off the whole idea when it shouldn't.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom