Four great days in south Sinai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ari

Reaction score
Just came back from a great liveaboard safari in south Sinai. It was organized by my dive club in Tel-Aviv, working together with Shark's Bay (Umbarak) diving club, just north east of Sharem. You can check it out at http://www.sharksbay.de/e_home.htm

It is the second time I am going on a safari with the same club, due to the nature of their very relaxed crew, mainly local Bedouins. We had a great Egyptian dive master, with a great knowledge of the area.

The boat was full, with 14 divers, 6 of my diving buddies and another 8 coming as a group. We had two dive masters, one with each group.

The dives included sites such as Sharks Reef and Yolanda, Small crack, the wrecks of the Thistlegorm and the Dunraven, Ras Muhammad, Tiran reefs and Ras Nasrani.

During the 4 days we managed to have 15 dives one or more at each site, offering different experiences, from beautiful wreck diving to close encounter with white tip, black tip and gray reef sharks, some of which woken up from sleep on the sandy patches. Dolphins were, naturally, also present.

All dives proved colorful and rich with a great number of different species of fish, coral and all other forms of UW life.

Weather was good and due to the great knowledge of Sharky, our local dive guide, we managed to utilize our time in the best possible way, getting to the sites on time, not having to fight the sea or other dive boats and divers.

Pre and Après dive time was spent on the boat, resting, reading or partying with the great crew of the boat.

Highly recommended diving experience. I just hope it won't be another 12 months before I do it again.

Ari :)

Ari

Wonderful post. Checked out the website which was also great. Would love to experience the diving there someday. For now I will have to settle for Mexico and the rest of the Caribbean.

Thanks again

Ari:
Just came back from a great liveaboard safari in south Sinai. It was organized by my dive club in Tel-Aviv, working together with Shark's Bay (Umbarak) diving club, just north east of Sharem. You can check it out at http://www.sharksbay.de/e_home.htm

It is the second time I am going on a safari with the same club, due to the nature of their very relaxed crew, mainly local Bedouins. We had a great Egyptian dive master, with a great knowledge of the area.

The boat was full, with 14 divers, 6 of my diving buddies and another 8 coming as a group. We had two dive masters, one with each group.

The dives included sites such as Sharks Reef and Yolanda, Small crack, the wrecks of the Thistlegorm and the Dunraven, Ras Muhammad, Tiran reefs and Ras Nasrani.

During the 4 days we managed to have 15 dives one or more at each site, offering different experiences, from beautiful wreck diving to close encounter with white tip, black tip and gray reef sharks, some of which woken up from sleep on the sandy patches. Dolphins were, naturally, also present.

All dives proved colorful and rich with a great number of different species of fish, coral and all other forms of UW life.

Weather was good and due to the great knowledge of Sharky, our local dive guide, we managed to utilize our time in the best possible way, getting to the sites on time, not having to fight the sea or other dive boats and divers.

Pre and Après dive time was spent on the boat, resting, reading or partying with the great crew of the boat.

Highly recommended diving experience. I just hope it won't be another 12 months before I do it again.

Ari :)
415Gem Thanks for the info. I would love to dive the Sinai some day soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom