Found last week, out today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

riverdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
We found this anchor a couple weeks ago and put bringing it up because it is so big. Glad it's over.
Ed

Attachments

• DSCN6416.jpg
    DSCN6416.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 236
Need a larger bag ? We had 22,000 pounds of lift on this anchor to get it up. The funny thing is we use a 19' boat to dive off, hook up the bags and tow with. No sales yet this year but 2 are spoken for and have a lead on another.

Attachments

• DSCN6469.jpg
    DSCN6469.jpg
    413.1 KB · Views: 159
holy anchor batman that thing is huge.

Congrats. I know how much work is involved. Tons of it - literally!

Question: Why were these anchors ditched? Doesn't make sense for the ship owners to lose money by ditching them? Or, for some reason were they put down to hold the ship fast in bad currents, or situations etc. Anchors seem to be early 20th century design? We have a couple of huge anchors but they are in salt water and not worth the effort to bring up.

Cheers,

X

We have very strong currents, and I think that it would be to expensave to get a salvage crew and find and bring up. And the ship has to keep moving or it will loose money.

We have very strong currents, and I think that it would be to expensave to get a salvage crew and find and bring up. And the ship has to keep moving or it will loose money.

Makes sense (cents too!). Again, congrats. on your finds and keeping us posted. I appreciate the fact that you're out there doing it. Find more stuff, it's always interesting.

X - In secret wreck hunter

Back
Top Bottom