Found GoPro Hero3 at Breakwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! I hope you find mine as I lost it exactly where you said. I had it lanyarded to my dry glove via a Sea Life monopod. The lanyard is attached to the the end of the monopod through the little metal attach hole. There is actually no recordings on it of any diving since I lost it swimming out to the dive site on my very first use! The only thing that may be on the memory card is the firmware upgrade files for GoPro and may some left over test footage I took at home before the dive. Actually, there might be vid of my young son doing to kung fu moves with a stick that was just for fun, but that'd be about it really.
"So to recap, it's a Hero Black 3 attached to a Sea Life monopod with a lanyard string at the end of the monopod"

Here's my original post on ScubaBoard 'LOST" when I first lost it:

New User
stars-1-0.gif

Has not set a "status"

Join DateJul 2013Posts2

[h=2]Lost Go Pro Hero 3 Black at Breakwater in Monterey, CA 7/6/2013 around 2pm.[/h]
It's a Go Pro Hero 3 Black attached to a black camera arm with lanyard at the end of the handle.
Lost somewhere between the shore entry and the #6 marker along the wall in a straight line parallel to the wall about maybe 30-40 feet from the wall.

I'm so sad now. I was swimming out along the wall with my dive buddy and had my Hero 3 Black mounted on the hand held camera arm (first time ever using it too!). I had it tethered around my dry glove by a lanyard. I saw a Sea Otter swimming just ahead and when I brought up my hand to use the camera, it was gone.
sad.gif

I should have kept a firm grip on it in my hand in hind sight, because I never even noticed it slip off my hand.

My dive buddy and I retraced our path from shore by diving along the bottom and swimming out along that path, but no joy. There was only about 3 feet of visibility out there today, so I could have swam right past it and still not have seen it.

If anyone should find it out there, please reply to this. It would be nice to get it back if possible.​

For some reason, my first response to this is blocked pending moderator approval. Weird.
Anyway, I lost my brand new Hero3 Black first time out. It was attached to a Sea Life Monopod camera arm, with a lanyard attached with o-ring at the end of the monopod handle. There is no scuba vids on the memory card since I lost it on the way out for first time ever use. Only thing on the memory card is firmware update files for GoPro and maybe a video I took of my 7 year old son doing some kung fu with a stick (though I thought I removed that already and the card should be blank).

Thanks.

---------- Post added July 22nd, 2013 at 03:10 PM ----------

Here was my original post on Scubaboard the day I lost it at Breakwater. We were doing a dive along the wall that day and I lost it between the shore entry and the #6 marker.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/lo...eakwater-monterey-ca-7-6-2013-around-2pm.html

Last edited:
Is it black in a clear plastic case?

Just kidding, my GoPros are safe at home. I hope you find the owner & commend you for trying.

Sorry, the description doesn't fit at all. This is most likely is not that camera.

For some reason, my first response to this is blocked pending moderator approval. Weird.
Anyway, I lost my brand new Hero3 Black first time out. It was attached to a Sea Life Monopod camera arm, with a lanyard attached with o-ring at the end of the monopod handle. There is no scuba vids on the memory card since I lost it on the way out for first time ever use. Only thing on the memory card is firmware update files for GoPro and maybe a video I took of my 7 year old son doing some kung fu with a stick (though I thought I removed that already and the card should be blank).

Here's my contact info:
(408) 204-3826

Thanks.

---------- Post added July 22nd, 2013 at 03:10 PM ----------

Here was my original post on Scubaboard the day I lost it at Breakwater. We were doing a dive along the wall that day and I lost it between the shore entry and the #6 marker.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/lo...eakwater-monterey-ca-7-6-2013-around-2pm.html

Sorry, the description doesn't fit at all. This is most likely is not that camera.

Aw, bummer. :( However, your honesty in trying to find the owner is appreciated. A lot of people would probably just keep the camera and not say anything (which is likely what happened with my camera apparently), so I applaud you there.

Thanks for trying, and I hope the owner of this camera gets it back.

Vlad,

How many days of looking for the owner before you can in good conscience mount the GoPro to your Camera housing?

Being a GoPro owner I'll let you in on a secret. Most if not all GoPros are registered. If you contact GoPro with the serial number you should be able to have an email sent to the owner. If you have any trouble let me know and I'll get you privet contact for someone at GoPro.

It was great diving with you and Jon last night. Fun playing with the octopi and squid.

Just submitted a form on GoPro support web site.

It was great diving with you guys too! Hope you had a good time at Point Lobos yesterday.

Vlad,

How many days of looking for the owner before you can in good conscience mount the GoPro to your Camera housing?

Being a GoPro owner I'll let you in on a secret. Most if not all GoPros are registered. If you contact GoPro with the serial number you should be able to have an email sent to the owner. If you have any trouble let me know and I'll get you privet contact for someone at GoPro.

It was great diving with you and Jon last night. Fun playing with the octopi and squid.

Back
Top Bottom