Found a very old dive mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

driftwood

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Me and my dive buddy where doing some work at Aquarena Springs in Texas and found an old mask buried in the mud. The glass was gone but the rubber was in good shape. Oval shaped with no way to pinch your nose and the rubber has to be 3/16th of an inch thick with no feathering around the edges. Divers have been maintaining this part of the lake for the last 60 years and I was wondering just how old this mask could be?

The next time I am diving there I will take some pictures and make sure I note any markings. Right now I don't recall that the mask had any markings. Currently the mask is on display as part of the unique "junk" we find at the lake while diving (the lake has had continuous human habitation for the last 12,000 years, so we find some interesting things). Thanks again for the help!

Back
Top Bottom