Found 3 inch seahorse at Laughing Bird Caye

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ralph Capeling

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We went on a great dive yesterday at Laughing Bird Caye. Several divers, several Discover Scuba and several snorkelers - a great group! And we didn't see any lion fish on the first dive at Coral Gardens and only two on the second dive so it looks like some of the eradication efforts are paying off.

But the bonus is that we saw a yellow sea horse about 3 inches long at Coral Gardens! That is the first time I have seen one there after countless dives.

Gerald did the cooking and the barbecue lunch was excellent - chicken, Caribbean salad and scalloped potatoes. You know you have a great cook when the dive crews from the other dive shops come to see if there is any delicious food left!

I have seen many sea horses, mainly attached to older docks in San Pedro, but I don't think any was 3" long. Well done!

Also lots of them on the Docks at the backside of Caye Caulker although 3 inches is a pretty big, the ones in the Galapagos are HUGE about 6 inches

Gaz Cooper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom