Fossil Watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulwlee once bubbled...
By the way, Tag Heuer makes a watch that is water resistant to 100atm, or ~1000 meters!! :wacko:

Yup... and you know how much a Tag watch is worth, too... right?!?

And My Tag Heuer 3000 leaked!

I had a full overhaul 2 years ago, and did not wear it till 3 months ago when I went diving.

At 20+ meters I noticed water vapour in the watch and when I surfaced... there were many water droplets in it.

I checked the crown and the back, both are sealed tight.

Then I send it back to the agent and they tested it to 200 meters pressure and nothing was wrong with it.

What can I say about Tag Heuers?

P.S. Reason I did not wear it dor so long is because I had it for about 12 years and it has been discontinued for about 8 years.. so it became something like a collector's item.

:(

I wouldn't buy another Tag anymore

A number of years ago (like maybe 30?), I read something about needing to add in "bumps" to useful depth. In other words, your watch might be rated to 100 meters, but that's only up to the point you smack it into a piece of wreck while reaching for a lobster. A jolt will instantly add a whole lot of PSI to the watch face. I retired my citizen dive watch in 1977 when I bought an original bottom timer. Never looked back ...

Mondo

Hi,

jplacson said:
"Casio G-shocks are some of the toughest you can get at a great price... they even functionas bottom timers! "

Did some poking around on the casio website and there are a bunch of different G-shocks, a checked a few and didn't see any that had depth gauges. Which model are you referring to?

Curious, thanks!
Matt.

below_sea_level once bubbled...
I have a normal Fossil blue watch that says it is good for up to 90 meters. Have any of you guys actually had the same watch at that depth before or any similar watch that is not designed to dive.:wacko:

I have a Fossil Blue, all shiny silver jobbie with an easy to move bezel some glow stuff inside on the hands and 5 minunte marks.. its all I use for diving as far as a wrist watch. No worries so far!

When I got certified last September, I had a Fossil watch that was about 5 yrs old that I wore everyday. Well on my first dive after certification, it got water in it (it said 100m on the face). I wrote Fossil an email explaining that I got it as a gift (therefore no receipt) and that it got water in the face when I was on a dive to 55ft. To make a long story short, they didn't make parts for that watch anymore, so they told me to go to a Fossil dealer in my town and pick a watch model that was in the particular price range that my old watch cost; get the model number and send it to them and they sent me the new watch. No hassles, no run arounds; they will have my business as long as they make a watch that appeals to me.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom