Forum Trapezus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is what I see when I open this forum:

• This message is hidden because trapezus is on your .

• June 29th, 2015, 02:16 AM

This message is hidden because trapezus is on your .

• July 1st, 2015, 02:15 AM

• July 6th, 2015, 03:10 AM

• July 11th, 2015, 04:12 AM

This message is hidden because trapezus is on your.

• July 15th, 2015, 12:27 PM

• July 17th, 2015, 10:24 AM

• July 20th, 2015, 04:12 AM

N

I don't mean to tell you guys how to run your forum but it seems like maybe you could set up a regional vintage sub-forum for each group.

I was afraid this would happen with the Kraken thread, but now it's happening in spite of my starting a thread about "What is vintage double hose?" I don't know why someone would put Trapezus on "Ignore" rather than just not reading what he put up. Some of the links are really great videos that we have not seen before. Why? Because they originate in Europe or some place other than the USA. People forget that the diving regulator was invented by a Frenchman during WWII, while in occupied France. Much of the early diving films are in French. And, we haven't seen them before Trapezus posted them. One of the real pioneers of our sport is Hans Hass, and his wife Lotte. They were Austrian, and spoke German. Most of their early films were in German. And we have not seen many of them. Lotte Hass was on the HDS Advisory Board, something many here probably don't know. Some of the real pioneers in diving are almost unknown to us--the Ama of Japan. Those Ama women divers were diving and collecting underwater before Jacques Cousteau was born! Vintage diving isn't just double hose regulators; it incorporates all of the human diving experience. These Ama divers have given us wonderful insights into the physiology of breath-hold diving, and continue to do so.

I for one welcome anyone with anything to contribute. If someone seems to be dominating the subject, perhaps it's because you aren't posting a like amount, or not engaging in a dialog about what is posted. If you are really hot and bothered by this, then I recommend hooking your double hose regulator up to a tank, grabbing a mask and fins (perhaps a knife and swimsuit too), and going diving sans wet suit. Maybe even dive with the Ama, like the Ama, with only a mask. You need to cool off.

SeaRat

PS: ZzzKing, I love your avatar!

This is what I see when I open this forum:

• June 29th, 2015, 02:16 AM

• July 1st, 2015, 02:15 AM

• July 6th, 2015, 03:10 AM

• July 11th, 2015, 04:12 AM

• July 15th, 2015, 12:27 PM

• July 17th, 2015, 10:24 AM

• July 20th, 2015, 04:12 AM

N

This works GRRRRREAT !

---------- Post added August 3rd, 2015 at 03:04 PM ----------

I don't mean to tell you guys how to run your forum but it seems like maybe you could set up a regional vintage sub-forum for each group.

That's a really good idea. Maybe by country instead.

I was afraid this would happen with the Kraken thread, but now it's happening in spite of my starting a thread about "What is vintage double hose?" I don't know why someone would put Trapezus on "Ignore" rather than just not reading what he put up. Some of the links are really great videos that we have not seen before. Why? Because they originate in Europe or some place other than the USA. People forget that the diving regulator was invented by a Frenchman during WWII, while in occupied France. Much of the early diving films are in French. And, we haven't seen them before Trapezus posted them. One of the real pioneers of our sport is Hans Hass, and his wife Lotte. They were Austrian, and spoke German. Most of their early films were in German. And we have not seen many of them. Lotte Hass was on the HDS Advisory Board, something many here probably don't know. Some of the real pioneers in diving are almost unknown to us--the Ama of Japan. Those Ama women divers were diving and collecting underwater before Jacques Cousteau was born! Vintage diving isn't just double hose regulators; it incorporates all of the human diving experience. These Ama divers have given us wonderful insights into the physiology of breath-hold diving, and continue to do so.

I for one welcome anyone with anything to contribute. If someone seems to be dominating the subject, perhaps it's because you aren't posting a like amount, or not engaging in a dialog about what is posted. If you are really hot and bothered by this, then I recommend hooking your double hose regulator up to a tank, grabbing a mask and fins (perhaps a knife and swimsuit too), and going diving sans wet suit. Maybe even dive with the Ama, like the Ama, with only a mask. You need to cool off.

SeaRat

John,

I just came from a funeral, hate those things, really. Where I had to tell people from the generation before me my name over and over because they no longer remember it. Please, tell me, you realize this is not the Argonaut thread, right?

As to the ignore part of your comments regarding a certain person, seriously, you actually wonder why? Good content mixed with insults, sorry, I am not going to kiss anybody's ass. Now, if we all decide to hit the RESET button, I am game, otherwise there are two members of this forum I hold on IGNORE and a third would be but I cannot because he has some kind of mod status that prevents me from doing so.

James

That's my little girl when she was about two or three months old. My wife decided to turn her into an Anime character. In two weeks she will start her junior diver cert. I've been looking forward to this for a looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnngggggg time!

I would really enjoy seeing how some peoples thoughts on this subject would change if I could actually post some of the email I have received recently. But there is no way a MOD would allow anything as vile and disgusting about someone's wife and family to be posted here.....I'll let the charade play out a little longer as I'm sure the truth will come out in time.

John,

I just came from a funeral, hate those things, really. Where I had to tell people from the generation before me my name over and over because they no longer remember it. Please, tell me, you realize this is not the Argonaut thread, right?

As to the ignore part of your comments regarding a certain person, seriously, you actually wonder why? Good content mixed with insults, sorry, I am not going to kiss anybody's ass. Now, if we all decide to hit the RESET button, I am game, otherwise there are two members of this forum I hold on IGNORE and a third would be but I cannot because he has some kind of mod status that prevents me from doing so.

James

First, sorry for your loss. I don't like funerals either. I spent most of my adult career either in Rescue, trying to keep people from dying, or in safety and health, trying to prevent injury and disease on the job. So, like you, I also hate funerals.

Yes, James I realize this isn't the Kraken Argonaut thread. :wink: I was referencing some posts on that thread, without quoting them.

Concerning the certain person, I look it the comments a bit different, not as insults but as problems with the use of the English language; English can have some implied usages known to native speakers, but perhaps unknown to non-native speakers, that make for misunderstandings . I may need to modify this in light of OWIC647's comments about e-mails, but I cannot react to something I have not read. So if someone wants to PM me about these, I would appreciate knowing.

SeaRat

Yes, James I realize this isn't the Kraken Argonaut thread. :wink: I was referencing some posts on that thread, without quoting them.

SeaRat

Okay, just checking, you had me worried for a second. I know your head is always going so I will not worry then----:).

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom